Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best value quality tubeless ready rims?
  • hora
    Free Member

Do they exist?

cookeaa

No.

convert a pair of EN521s….

Rorschach
    Free Member

The wtb frequency rims are tubless ready (with tape) at £45.Not sure if the sun ringle inferno’s are but the black flag wheelsets use stans bst so I assume they are too.

hora
    Free Member

EN521’s- are they easy to ghetto then?

Sandwich

Define quality. Crap is a quality and I suspect that is not what you require.

br
    Free Member

Rather than just looking at rims, for value you can’t beat Hope’s Stans wheelset(s).

hora
    Free Member

I’ve already got the Hope hubs. The EX500’s on the hoops are pretty much goosed

nickf
    Free Member

Mavic 819 or 823 are excellent, if narrow. Pretty much bombproof too.

honourablegeorge

hora – Member
    I’ve already got the Hope hubs. The EX500’s on the hoops are pretty much goosed

Dunno if they’re still there, but Wiggle were knocking out Stan’s rims for half price recently, I got some super cheap Crest 29ers.

cookeaa

EN521’s- are they easy to ghetto then?

I’m a fan of the BMX tube method myself but I’ve not actually done the EN521 specifically I only suggested it as it’s a pretty good value rim

I have done it on the following:

Mavic EX721 (D521)
    Mavic EX729 (D321) x3
    Mavic Crossland (actually a UST rim but previous stupid owner had bolloxed the in moulded rimstrip and drilled out the valve hole???!!? Ghetto fix worked and is still working)

DMR DeeVee 24″
    Tioga Dh 24″ (Both 24″ tubeless conversions worked, but it’s worth noting the tires were very, very pourus and took a few goes to seal up…)

Sun Rhynolite (Pinned version too believe it or not, and it’s still working fine)

You can do it to pretty much any rim in my experience, the real key is sealant and tire choices, it’s not worth spunking silly money on a rim for three extra letters and 100g more weight (IMO of course)…

hora
    Free Member

cookeaa- do you have a linky? I’d like to try/open up my options.

Leku- thats too much for me sadly.

njee20
    Free Member

Stans ZTR 355 Rims – Pair £80

+1

A lot of the older Stan’s rims (Olympics and 355s) have been going cheap with the usual candidates lately, definitely where my money would go.

cookeaa

You tube is awash with Ghetto tubeless guides if you really want to do it…

bland

Hora I have some Mavic X3.1 tubeless rims for sale (they are 819’s before they changed the labeling) exactly the same as they were up to about 2010, have a look in my post on the FS section. They are all new and unbuilt.

Best tubeless rims out there, i have had one on the rear for 8 years and still good as gold!

variflex
    Free Member

Can do you an excellent deal on some brand new boxed FSA XC-500 wheels.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-fsa-xc-500-tubeless-wheels-set-brand-new-boxed

Drop me a txt if interested as I can lower the price again if required, need the space in the garage.

07771 637 237

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best value quality tubeless ready rims?’ is closed to new replies.