Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • best value bike for £1k; still Boardman/ what's happening 2013?
  • alpin
    Free Member

I bought the GF a Boardman FS last year. Unfortunately it was stolen recently from our basement.

Looking around there don’t seem to be that many good deals on similar specced bikes for similar £££’s. When we bought the bike we got it for £850… A right bargain!

I was impressed with the Boardman and after a few tweaks it was a brilliant fit for the GF. My only gripe was that there was very little clearance for the 2.2 tyre on the rear, let alone a chunky 2.4…

Does anyone know if Boardman are releasing new, revised models for 2013?
    I’d there anything else out there that we should consider at a similar price?

Cheers.

faceplanter
    Free Member

A little over the £1k mark, but how’s about this Lady specific model?

http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3010

…or the model below (6.0) is more like your £850 previous price.

Tim

alpin
    Free Member

Sorry, should had be said, we’re looking for a Fully. Gives her the confidence to attack certain sections and means she can keep up with me. And I don’t have to listen to her moan every time she rides over a rick or root. 🙂

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

it’s more than enough bike for her. change the rear shock that’s why it feels rickety. a simple rp2 Will make all the difference.. a friend has one and I’ve ridden it. outstanding value for money.

hainman
    Free Member

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-er1-id_8161007.html
    What about this one.pretty good spec.i have the RR9.1 and it just lost out to the board man in the bikeradar test a few months ago and the ER1 has far better kit on it and under budget

alpin
    Free Member

@ pitch pro… Are you talking about the Boardman? The GF had one, it got stolen.

tonyd

It looks an OK spec I suppose, but did you read the description on that RockRider?!

mountain biking in the mountains on highly challenging routes involving ascents as well as descents. Conquer the mountains. It is good on uphill as well as downhill rides so you can cover long distances on rocky paths with significant changes in altitude.

Looking at the BTwin site I guess they’re French?

Nobby

I was impressed with the Ghost ASX 4900 I had a brief play on last year – that was under a grand.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

My first MTB was a rockrider and theyre top VFM, certainly worth a punt and the after sales is brill, two year no quibble returns IIRC. They are deffo worth considering in that price bracket.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘best value bike for £1k; still Boardman/ what's happening 2013?’ is closed to new replies.