Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best value 140-150mm trail forks…
  • DoctorRad
    Free Member

Can I do better than this at the moment?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FORSREVRLTDA/rockshox_revelation_rlt_dual_position_solo_air_150mm_suspension_fork

Would consider spending more for considerably better forks, but definitely no more than £500.

Kahurangi

Decent forks, not too heavy. Mine are ok.

However they dive quite a lot through the mid stroke and don’t have the adjustable low-speed compression damping to try and compensate.

Also as 32mm forks at 150 mm travel they’re a bit flexy.

seavers
    Free Member

I have always liked RS forks but the only thing about the forks in the link that would put me off is the pop lock. From my experience they work quite well but it’s just another cable to look after. Not only that but if you come off and mash the lever it’s something else you will pay through the nose to replace. Have X fusion got anything that would suit?

tymbian
    Free Member

Got an email from Cotic. They have 2014 Pikes for £600 incl. delivery and 2014 140mm Revs RCT3 for £450 if that helps.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

X fusion would be a better bet at that budget, you might get 34mm stanchions as well.

matther01
    Free Member

Bike discount de had pikes for £522 with delivery or x fusions?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Go for the Pikes at 522.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Selling some 110-150mm U-turn 20mm axle Sektors if that’s any use.

Drop me a line if they are: pimpmasterjazz at yahoo dot com.

dantsw13

Go to Merlin or CRC and you can pick up decent Revs for £300.

tymbian
    Free Member

What would you call decent Revs?

dantsw13

My old Heckler had 2012 Rev RL and I loved them. You can also pick up 2012 RCT3 on CRC (£314 for the 29er ones I was looking at tonight)

Euro
    Free Member

I had a set of those Revs and didn’t like them at all. I spent an age trying to get them to feel right but they never did it for me and they were very twangy!

Have X fusion got anything that would suit?

Velvet (140) or Slant (160). I’m seriously considering a set of Slants for my FS.

dantsw13

Euro – was that the RL or RCT3?

As with all things, its a compromise. A 150 Rev is a pretty well controlled fork, but will never be as plush as my Marz 55’s, or as stiff. It is, however, 1Kg lighter, and much cheaper.

If I wanted an all round bike with a bit more travel, I’d go for a Rev. If I wanted a mini DH bike, the Marz55.

Recently, the new Pike has given the option of both, but it is still REALLY expensive. The X-Fusion options look good too, but are still more than Revs can be got for.

Euro
    Free Member

I think mine were the RTL dual air versions (sans bolt thru). I had them on my hardtail (456 Summer Season) at the time. I think if they were maybe 120-130 they’d have been ok but at full height they were keek on anything but smooth trails.

dantsw13

My 150 RL had the 15mm maxle – anything QR at that length would be very “twangy” I reckon. They did a Morzine trip quite happily on the heckler. I swore never to use a QR fork again after i got to the bottom of a South Downs descent to find my QR had self-released 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best value 140-150mm trail forks…’ is closed to new replies.