Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Best Vacuum cleaner for Pet Hair
  • simmy
    Free Member

The most expensive things in my life, the Labs, are costing yet more money.

As titled please, looking for an upright and just something that’s likely to last without needing constant unblocking.

Cheers.

solarpowered
    Free Member

I have to suggest a non upright I’m afraid…. Even if it does fall on Stoney ground! I work in a huge veterinary hospital that uses a Henry every day…. Day after day. We’ve only bought two in the past 7 years! I have Hetty at home (only cos it’s pink!…)
    It’s been the best £80 I’ve ever spent! On a Hoover of course…
    Worth looking at IMO

sandwicheater

Our lab some how sheds all her hair every 17 minutes, drives me flipping crazy .

Dyson animal, never had a problem/blockage after coming onto 5 years.

wwaswas

Miele cat and dog – fantastic machine. Not an upright though.

Drac

Dyson only used 2 in the last 18 years and we only changed the last one as it was a wedding gift.

Edit: Actually that’s wrong sorry we bought the first one and then upgraded to a new model about 8 years later and give the old one away which was still going strong some years later.

Basil

Dyson Animal.
    Only thing that stops GWP hair over running the house.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Spray on varnish 😀

ChrisA
    Free Member

Henry Hoover for us. It’s great

We have a black lab & a long haired Siberian forest cat so the Hoover gets plenty of abuse. We killed a Dyson, Electrolux pet & Miele pet before we got Henry. We’ve had it 3 years with no issue

footflaps

Dyson here as well, had two, first one 10 years old and still going (in another house). We have a newer one which is a few years old and working fine.

mattbee

Henry. Gets rid of black and white wiry long hairs from our Springer x Lab.
    Bombproof too, ours is around 6 years old now.

giantjason
    Free Member

Another vote for the Miele car and dog. We have had one for the last three years and it’s been fantastic and never missed a best b

somouk
    Free Member

I have two cats that love shedding and pulling fur out of each other and have a Dyson animal. Excellent bit of kit, especially with the motorised head.

iain1775
    Free Member

My wife is the vacuum destroyer (and destroyer of skirting boards, microbore radiator pipes and tiled fireplaces – yes she has broken all of these with a vacuum at some poin I the last 10 years, I am not joking!!)
    She is very heavy handed with vacuums, she also doesn’t understand as well as emptying the filters need cleaning etc
    We used to get through one every 8 to 12 months and have tried 2 different Dyson’s, Hoover, Vax and even a Meile

We have a Lab that sheds hair like its goin out of fashion and a 3 year old with an affliction for glitter

Now on our second one of these, first one lasted over 2 years and was still going but she had snapped every accessory attachment point off it and I got fed up of coiling the power cable around the handle but she then managed to get some duplo stuck in the hose and I couldn’t get it out so it was time to replace!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BISSELL-24R5E-Eraser-Upright-Cleaner/dp/B00A37KQHC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1392153190&sr=8-5&keywords=bissel+pet

Picks up pet hair great, isn’t to heavy and even has a light so you can Hoover in the dark!
    Picked up our last one for £50 brand new in Amazon sale a few months ago so worth keeping an eye out

Would also 2nd a Henry unfortunately a drag along is out for us as it got dragged sideways through walls (why carry it through doorways when it can be dragged so it bounces off walls first!)

iain1775
    Free Member

Btw I now do the vacuuming in our house, it’s cheaper!

Drac

dashed
    Free Member

Another vote for meile non-upright – I’ve got mainly hard floors downstairs though and I found uprights always vent in the wrong place and blow the dog hair out of the way as you’re trying to suck it up!! I’ve had dyson and various other uprights and much prefer the miele. I never got on with dyson – filters always blocking, handle snapped, filters would never quite stay in place and much prefer bag system. Bags last for ages with the meile too.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

he most expensive things in my life, the Labs,

I guess you’re not married?

We’ve got an old standard upright Dyson which seems to cope with our dogs sheddings perfectly well.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sebo, we had dysons for years right from the dc01, the sebo is a million times better.

z1ppy

Miele cat & dog, make sure you get the cylinder version with the three ‘heads’ (as per the S8320 over the S6220) as they make vacuuming easy. We had a short haired spaniel lab cross (lot him last july) that moulted white hair everywhere on dark carpets. The miele dealt with it & is now over 5 years old & still going strong.

simmy
    Free Member

he most expensive things in my life, the Labs,
    I guess you’re not married?

Defiantly not 😉

I settled for an Henry in the end.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Best Vacuum cleaner for Pet Hair’ is closed to new replies.