Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best use/exciting ideas for old (Android) phone?
  • wideboy
    Free Member

As above,

Just upgraded, but old phone is still functional (Galaxy S4), any bright ideas as to what to do with it?!

Has singletrackworld done anything exciting/useful?

Already have dedicated MP3 player + sat nav, so although that could be useful it’s not for me.

Go!

Cougar

Bike computer?

stevemorg2

I’m looking for an s4 to use as a GPS instead of my Garmin – do you want to sell it?

eskay

Just smashed the screen on my s4 so may be interested in it.

northerntom
    Free Member

that video app is a great shout, I have so many old phones hanging around and would be good to put to use.

redthunder
    Free Member

Make it you it your dedicated commando comic book reader…

https://britishcomics.wordpress.com/2015/03/27/commando/

All in cbr format.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Put a PAYG sim in, register it in a different name and pretend your life is exciting enough to warrant having a ‘burner’ phone.

Or just put it on eBay and use the money to buy something useful. Bad enough trying to read 2000ad on an iPad never mind a phone.

sofaman

Not exciting, but useful – I use an old S4 Mini with Rokform Rokbed holder and run Backcountry Navigator to show OS maps. Battery life isn’t great on max brightness, no screen lock, best gps refresh rate etc.

willard

ODB2 reader and race dash for a car using Torque Pro and a bluetooth ODB2 reader?

wideboy
    Free Member

Actually have a Bluetooth OBD2 arriving today!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Not exciting, but I have my old S4 plugged into my stereo and use it for listening to music on the internet.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Hide it in your car and use it as a tracker?

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

As per Mr P. One of mine was used as a spotify streamer. Just wedged down the back of the stereo and plugged in. Probably a horrifically inefficient way to do it.

Now have chromecast instead.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best use/exciting ideas for old (Android) phone?’ is closed to new replies.