Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • best two wheeled scooter for 5 year old
  • ianpv
    Free Member

My son is desperate to own a two wheeled scooter – what’s a good choice for a 5 year old (4ft)? Looking for something decent enough to learn basic tricks on but I’m not massively keen on spending loads of money as he’s after a BMX too…

properbikeco
    Free Member

I think you’ll find they’re all shite – ignore and get him a decent bike

ianpv
    Free Member

He’s got a decent bike already, but thanks for the great advice.

bonchance
    Free Member

Can’t help with ‘best’ perhaps. But for a 2wheel ‘Not park’ scooter, which does sparks (detachable):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razor-SK346-Spark-Kick-Scooter/dp/B002YT7YLS/ref=pd_sim_sg_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0D5FVXYAABFSG0Y5BVHJ

Solid park scooters tend to be for slightly older kids/don’t adjust?

The ‘Micro’ two wheeler goes down well – as well, for more $$$. Each of these are strong and can 360 – but they do fold and are pretty twitchy straight after a 3wheel. The spark plate allens off -if it gets in the way of tricks. Although for a young 5 – making fire, might just be one of the best tricks anyway..

The generic park scooters go for 20 or so on Amazon if you search – all seem to be the same (more or less). The advantage is they are rated for 80kg+ though so you can do tricks as well 🙂 Even if jr struggles to reach the bars..

JonBoy
    Free Member

http://www.micro-scooters.co.uk/mobile/micro-sprites-scooters.html

We have had a few Micro scooters of various sizes as my 2 girls have grown. The one in the link we have now. It’s great. Carries up to 100kg so I can scoot home on the school run.

bensales
    Free Member

My 5 (now 6) year old lad has had one of these since Christmas…

Slamm Tantrum II Scooter

He’s just scooting along pavements at the moment, but its built to take some proper abuse by the look of it. Tough enough for 6 foot, 15 stone me to ride it home from school.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘best two wheeled scooter for 5 year old’ is closed to new replies.