Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best travel insurance for MTB in the Alps
  • ganic
    Free Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for comprehensive travel insurance covering taking and riding my bike (MTB) in the alps?

Ideally want it to cover me, bike, travel disruption etc. Id rather it be great cover over being cheap. Any ideas?

dantsw13

I used Dogtag last year.

tonyg2003

Dogtag +1

welshfarmer

HAs anyone had to make a claim with Dogtag? Just wondered what their service is like if called upon?

Any other experiences, especially if the insurance has been used. I note they only insure personal items (bikes?) up to a value of £100 (or £200 on the expensive policy)

coogan
    Free Member

Snowcard for me.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve used SportsCover Direct? for Alps trips, but never had to claim so cannot comment on that side of things.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

+1 for dogtag. 3 years ago one of our party had a serious crash on the first day. He spent the rest of the trip at Geneva hospital. He was insured with dogtag. The hospital just took a note of his policy number and claimed direct. No issues at all, very straight forward.

Northwind

I’ve used snowcard and dogtag, never had to make a claim on either but dogtag dealt much better with my pre-existing stuff, snowcard never really inspired confidence with anything more complicated than bogstandard and that’s not a great start.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I have always insured with Dogtag, but have not had to claim.

But did see this on Switchbacks Facebook page recently:

At all cost avoid Dog Tag Insurance! They are refusing to cover riders and ordering them instead to head to public hospitals and get themselves fixed up on their EHIC card. Effing outrageous!!!!!!

Posted by Switchbacks on Sunday, March 30, 2014

At all cost avoid Dog Tag Insurance! They are refusing to cover riders and ordering them instead to head to public hospitals and get themselves fixed up on their EHIC card. Effing outrageous!!!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best travel insurance for MTB in the Alps’ is closed to new replies.