Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best transfer from Vancouver airport to Whistler
  • paul123
    Free Member

Looking for some suggestions for 5 people with bikes. Currently seems that Pacific coaches looks the best option but wondered if there were others/better.

Cheers

seadog101

Well, you have bikes….

ads678

I remember when I was looking at this a few years ago for a snowboard trip, you could get helicopter transfers. Won’t be the cheapest but would be cool!!

I got the greyhound in the end….

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’d look at a minivan hire that you can ditch in Whistler.

For 2 people it was cheaper to hire a car with Avis from the airport & dump it at the hire place up there than deal with the coach (which also takes a few hours).

Murray

Perimeter bus. Cheap, bus is usually half empty, takes the same time as any other option. Avoid taxis as there doesn’t seem to be a lot of quality control – I’ve had taxis break down a couple of times over the years.

sweaman2
    Free Member

There are taxi places in Whistler that send vans and the like. It won’t be cheap but the breakeven compared to 5 people on the bus might not be too bad. Right now it’s Crankworks though so they might be busy.

paul123
    Free Member

Cheers all. I’ll give it a go tonight.

Tracey

Our daughter, Abigale, is out their at the moment. She paid $35 return from Vancouver train station to Whistler non stop. I asked her what company and she says its the one with $35 Vancouver to Whistler on the side. I hope she gets on the right one for the return

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

If you can hop on the train downtown you could use someone like WhistlerRides – they are about $30/40 return if the times work.

Also worth looking on the lift share sites, there is one used fairly heavily around Whistler (might be poparide, can’t really remember) which we used to get down for a weekend in Van. Loads of people making the trip down and back looking for fuel money. Also worth joining the Whistler buy/sell MTB Facebook page as there are people offering lifts on there for not a lot.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

The Whistler Shuttle is usually the best service for getting to and from YVR, but with 5 people and 5 bikes might mean you could be cheaper getting a private van. Give Ridebooker.com a visit or a call. It’s the company I work for but we can give you the options, including private vans and the usual shuttle options.

I believe Perimeter Bus are just PC these days. Epic Rides and the like are cheap and good for bikes but I don’t think they go to the airport, YVR only.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best transfer from Vancouver airport to Whistler’ is closed to new replies.