Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best trail saddle under £40
  • sherry
    Free Member

Looking for a new saddle, Any suggestions? I have a SDG bel air and its comfy but looking for a change on my other bike. Charge spoon etc still the good budget choice?

matther01
    Free Member

Bums come in all shapes and sizes…but all my bikes have Charge or Fabric Scoops. Very comfy on HT or FS, inexpensive, relatively light 245g, good range of colours…and brilliantly easy to clean too!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

‘Trail saddle’? Aren’t they just called ‘saddles’?

br
    Free Member

Look on CRC for bargains – got an SDG Formula Ti for £33 last month, and just bought another (bent my old Bel-Air) for £42.

midlifecrashes

Madison Flux is the same saddle as Charge Spoon, if it gives you more options.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I went from Bel Air’s to Spoons without major discomfort.
    THOUGH IT’S VERY PERSONAL AND YOU NEED ONE THAT FITS YOUR ARSE NOT WALLET

iainc

I have a brand spanking Genesis cx one in black if you want 😀

sherry
    Free Member

glasgowdan, yeah they are fundamentally all saddles as are all MTB’s just bicycles. To be more specific I don’t want a super slim light weight XC whippet saddle. Nor a big nosed DH one. Something comfy and sensible, man I’m getting old ha ha.

Cheers for some of the options!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Hmm, I use a selle italia flite on my DH bike. And my xc bike. And my townie hybrid. What’s comfy will be comfy whatevers under the rubber 🙂

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’ve tried a few saddles over the years but keep going back to a Bel Air. If you find them comfy but want a change then why not just get a different colour for your other bike !

I’ve demo’d a couple of bikes with charge spoons fitted and although they were comfy when riding, they didn’t half make my knob sting when having a pee and that can’t be good !

joolsburger
    Free Member

I really like the WTB Silverado thinline it’s flatter than most and suits my arse well. 20 quid on ebay. Found the Charge spoon….invasive.

Northwind

Spoon (etc) are the wrong shape for my bum but excellent value. Ragley do a pretty good budget option too. But for me, Charge Knife- £40, light, all-day comfortable for me… I think it’s a saddle that really has to fit though as it has bugger all padding, it just happens to fit me like a, er, bumglove.

Oh, weirdly the fabric’s base colour is actually grey-white so the black ones, when they wear, go a bit salt-and-pepper whereas the white ones stay pretty much white.

shredder
    Free Member

Spesh Henge sport.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best trail saddle under £40’ is closed to new replies.