Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Best Trail bike no budget!! 5's, Stumpjumper fsr Evo , Nomad
  • JCL
    Free Member

Stumpy Evo is a capable bike, (needs a 34).

Stumpy Evo 29″ is a very, very, capable bike 😉

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Mojo HD.

Euro
    Free Member

I’ve just taken ownership of a ’11 Stumpy Evo Expert. On paper, it’s without a doubt the best bike i’ve owned and it’ll get its first outing this weekend. Hoping it’s as good as everyone says.

shortcut

How about a Santa Cruz Tallboy LTC?

Tracey

Im happy with my Enduro, light enough to do anything I want to do, cant wait to get my sling off and compare it to Kevins new build.

Too good a deal to turn down

Built with a frame deal from Bike Scene, stuff from my old Enduro and some spares in the garage. Only needed to buy grips, pedals and a different front mech.

tomaso
    Free Member

I really rate my non-Evo Stumpjumper and its benefited from the fitment of an Evo RP23, but the biggest change is the switch from Revelation RCT3 to Marzochhi 44 RC3 Ti.

But I am 29er curious and I’d go for the not imported aluminium Stumpjumper Evo FSR 29er.

Frankers
    Free Member

Euro – Member
    I’ve just taken ownership of a ’11 Stumpy Evo Expert. On paper, it’s without a doubt the best bike i’ve owned and it’ll get its first outing this weekend. Hoping it’s as good as everyone says.

Now that looks familar 🙂

Tracey

Tomaso

Where did you get the Evo RP23 fitment from?

Paceman
    Free Member

Spesh and Trek seem to be the go-to bikes at the moment.

…not round our way.

Think:

(a) Carbon frame and rims
    (b) XTR groupset
    (c) Reverb stealth
    (d) Fox RLC forks or BOS Deville

… and choose your wheel size.

There are plenty of candidates out there would fit the bill. Ideally do a lot of demo rides if you’re spending that much money. Just because someone on here rates a bike or a magazine journo likes it that doesn’t mean it’s the best bike for you.

I’d be going for demo on a Tallboy LTC if it were my call.

tomaso
    Free Member

I think you have to buy an Evo shock, which is what I did. But it may be possible to bodge the unique specialized end of the shock from your existing Triad onto an RP23 air can and internal gubbins?

Stevelol
    Free Member

My TRc is pretty much the best trail bike (for me) that I can imagine. I’m never going to be trying road gaps or huge drops, nor do I ever go fast enough to NEED or enjoy 160mm of travel, or regularly ride very very long descents. It’s as light as I could imagine without spending stupid money, has hilarious geo which actually makes me grin from ear to ear in the corners and the amount of travel is enough to get your out of dodgy situations (going off line, unexpected rocks, harsh landings) whilst still being fun.

If I had a money no object situation I’d have the same frame, but a bling groupset (currently use sram x9 which is completely fine) like an mrp bling ring crankset, and some 140 BOS Devilles or similarly stiff(er) fork than my Rev.

Muddy trc: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Andelusion/Bike%20Stuff/20121107_111129.jpg

The only other trail bike I fancy is a steel hardtail (like my old Sovereign) but I can’t really explain why.

trevsy123
    Free Member

Cheers guys think I’m gonna go demo a stumpy Evo then and a nomad the bike would be used for strictly trail and training purposes also as I have a scalp for the bigger stuff so it doesn’t need to be an all rounder ??

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Best Trail bike no budget!! 5's, Stumpjumper fsr Evo , Nomad’ is closed to new replies.