Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Best trail at Brechfa
  • mrplow
    Free Member

Which is more fun – the red or the black if I am looking for jumps and technical features? Not too bothered about views.

Visiting friends for new year who are near by. May do both but have a 7 hour drive straight after…

Thanks for your opinions :mrgreen:

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Black, final section.

Taff
    Free Member

Black trail but you can link the red and the black for a long ride.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Red in the current wetnes.

float
    Free Member

the black trail is sweet, but instead of going down the fire road to do the final black section, turn onto the last bit of the blue at the bench on the right. proceed down the final blue decent at full speed. youre welcome 😉

mrplow
    Free Member

Wonder if there is a quick way back up so I can do the final black and blue without too much fuss? 🙂

float
    Free Member

not sure if rhetorical question…

(you can get the fire road back up)

Mal-ec
    Free Member

There is. Too complicated to explain. Easy version is do the blue climb which means you miss out the top corkscrews, but do most of the blue/black descent.

SOAP
    Free Member

We have a cheap weekend booked at Afan lodge in Feb and are looking to go to Breachfa on the Saturday,:)
    Has anyone got a gps garmin file that links the best trails together for a longer ride or is it advisable to do one in the morning (anywhere to have lunch) then another in the afternoon ??
    (if you have never been saying turn right at the bench doesn’t always work)

Onzadog
    Free Member

If I had a seven hour drive after a ride at brechfa, I’d be doing the blue/green. Massive amounts of fun if your ego can get past the fact It’s not listed as a manly black. Can be done in an hour if you get a wiggle on. Still leaving you fresh enough for the long drive.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

As a single trail I prefer the red.
    For the best ride I mix up the red/blue/black. Gives a good long ride with all the fun and technical bits.

mrplow
    Free Member

Thanks for your help – looking forward to this. 🙂

Mal-ec
    Free Member

The Red + Black can be linked easily from either start point If you want a longer ride Geoff.
    Either way is good, but if you start from Byrgwm car park, you could do Black up to the top singletrack sections, then follow the signs to the top of the red descent. Pub lunch in Abergorlech, do the rest of the red, back up to where you left the black, then finish the black. Decent ride.

SOAP
    Free Member

Thanks Mal-ec looking forward to feb 🙂

rustybike
    Free Member

There is a pub just outside the red trail car park that is biker friendly and does some really good grub, its good for snacks too!

mrplow
    Free Member

Did the black today and gave the last blue a pop for float. At first I thought I had been ill advised until the speed got up and the grin came out as I tried to keep bike connected to the trail.

Really enjoyed the trails.

Paceman
    Free Member

The Black Raven Trail is best IMO,but the Red trail is good too.

Brader5
    Free Member

I love the red (Gorlech Trail) mainly because of the last descent but i do love the black to(The Raven). Totaly agree about doing the last section of the blue, it’s really fast.
    Do not miss out Cwn Rheaedr 20k up the road, it’s short but one hell of a descent. When i go up there i easily manage to do Cwn Rheaedr and The Gorlech Trail, sometimes the Raven as well but thats a push.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Best trail at Brechfa’ is closed to new replies.