• This topic has 24 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by cnud.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Best track pump head?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The SKS automatic one is just useless, and ive just got a compressor which could benefit from a presta head rather than a leaky addapter / cheap inflator combo.

The topeak brass one looks good, any others?

Northwind

Topeak brass one is shit tbh- fine on some valves, doesn’t work properly on others, even when it does work it’s annoying to get off. I have one on the pump in the car, every time I use it I decide to get a new pump, but then I get home and forget

Standard topeak lever head type does me nicely.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

I like the Lezyne ABS 2. Comes on pumps or can be bought separate.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Silca 17-4

everyone
    Free Member

Has to be the Hirame head surely?

imnotverygood

http://clee-cycles.co.uk/P36505/product
    This one is a excellent. As good as a hirame but cheaper.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

To completely disagree with Northy, Topeak superchuck is awesome.

CraigW
    Free Member

The Prestaflator looks good, it is designed to use on a compressor. https://www.prestaflator.com/

plecostomus
    Free Member

Silca

mrblobby
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yea, heart says 17-4 but it’s 5x the price of the topeak copy!

Standard topeak lever head type does me nicely.

TBH it does just do the job nicely!

The Prestaflator looks good, it is designed to use on a compressor

Looks identical to the standard inflator that comes with most compressors (and I’ve got) just with a new head (which is what I’m after).

Think I’ll just get another topeak lever one for the compressor, it’ll do the job and work if I ever need to do a car/motorbike tyre too.

PePPeR

Topeak smart head, are just brilliant, I just bought a replacement to go on my lezyne as I was fed up swapping bits around whenever I wanted to pump up different valves.

PePPeR

Topeak smart head, are just brilliant, I just bought a replacement to go on my lezyne as I was fed up swapping bits around whenever I wanted to pump up different valves.

https://www.evanscycles.com/topeak-smarthead-upgrade-kit-EV162336?esvt=54932-GOUKE2289318&esvq=&esvadt=999999-0-1219654-1&esvcrea=189741422329&esvplace=&esvd=t&esvtg=pla-300276424553&esvo=EV162336-NA-NA&esvaid=50080&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImt_r26z_1AIVBb7tCh1Y6QGmEAQYAyABEgJkt_D_BwE

A great upgrade and comes with loads of different connectors

steve_b77
    Free Member

Just bought an Aldi track pump for a penny under a tenner, better head than a JoBlow

mrblobby
    Free Member

IME the heads that do both presta and schrader are a bit rubbish. May be some good ones out here though.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Another Topeak head on a kompressor track pump and I’ve no complaints, works well enough that I’ve not given it a second thought for years.

benp1

I have a Topeak Smarthead on my Joe Blow booster pump. It’s OK, not amazing. To be honest the head on my Aldi/Lidl pump (can’t remember which) had two heads, one for each valve type, and it worked great, until it died

scaled
    Free Member

Big fan of my Giant one:

https://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/category/4221/Giant_Pump_Spares

Auto selector and now 5 years old, still going strong

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a pump with a broken head. Would like the cheapest one that works, don’t need CNC loveliness.

wheelie

Hi has any one done it? I have tubeless tyres, but want a cheap wheelset for the horrible salted mucky roads we are experiencing at the moment.
    Any other suggestions for a cheap tubeless wheelset? The Shimano RS 610 look good but more money, and would need to get a Campag 9 speed compatible freehub.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Might get a better result in a different thread.

jkomo

I put an sks dual head on my kompressor, the brass push on one was shit. New one is fine, £13 crc.

kayak23

I got a BBB dual head for my track pump. It’s dope.

Cheap too.

breninbeener

Those BBB one shown above seems to rely on some pressure being in the tyre. When its completely flat it doesnt autoselect the correct hole and just lets the air out of the pump without pumping up the tyre. Its v frustrating

cnud
    Free Member

Never had a problem with the old topeak dual head but the new smart head is rubbish. Went for THIS and its great although not a quick release variant, it seals everytime (once you break the o ring in a few times).

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Best track pump head?’ is closed to new replies.