• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best time of year to go to Torridon?
  • brooess
    Free Member

I’ve had to bail on this weekend’s winter trip to go Munroe-bashing due to a unplanned face/leg/hand-to-tarmac interface 10 days ago.

Reluctant to miss out entirely on the annual trip so thinking about going later in the year but want to avoid the legendary blood-thirsty midges..

So best to go in Spring or Summer?

nbt

Spring. Late april to mid may

IA

As above, though I was up there for a week end of last August and it was great. Was cos of the wind though – stiff breeze keeps the midges down!

gusamc
    Free Member

we do Scotland in late April/May or September, generally worked but two years ago had 7 days of May storms in Plockton – ho hum – 40 mph head winds at Torridon (*bailed and did a better direction route nearby that I really enjoyed) and we really did have small waterfalls going upwards.

I also take full gloves, long socks, long sleeve top, 3/4 baggies and a midge net that fits over helmet, I do look like a pratt but I’m a sweaty pratt that isn’t getting eaten alive on the long slow uphills

rickmeister

What nbt said… if your close enough, watch the weather then go for it if it looks good…

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Went in late June one year. Wasn’t too bad as I recall.

Still snow on Beinn Alligin, too 🙂

br
    Free Member

May through June.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best time of year to go to Torridon?’ is closed to new replies.