Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best time for training.
  • tarquin
    Free Member

With today being the first day of summer and it starting to heat up I’ve been riding mornings as it’s too hot and the wind really picks up in the afternoon.

However my riding isn’t as good in the morning, being tired, lack of energy, whatever, I’m a km or so down on my average speed compared to normal.

Will it affect my training, would I be better to ride later in the day or am I still likely to make similar improvement no matter when I ride?

DrP

First day of summer……?
    8 minute old post….?

I don’t get it…

DrP

bruneep

Stab in the dark at op being in Southern Hemisphere

rexated
    Free Member

this is the www Dr P. Clue is in the ‘w’s.
    😉

OP. I find it, er, harder in the mornings, more difficult to get HR up to where it should be but don’t let it worry me. I’d just train when is most convenient…

andypaul99
    Free Member

Long low intensity rides always in the morning for me, short fast stuff inc turbo after work.

lucien

It’s the atmospheric pressure, as it changes through the day. You ride faster not due to improved athletic performance but changes in the atmosphere as the day warms up.

If you really want to know, put a power meter on your bike.

njee20
    Free Member

I can’t do intense sessions first thing – power is always lower. Late morning early afternoon is my most effective time, but it’s also the least practical!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best time for training.’ is closed to new replies.