Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • "Best" threads…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

… remind me of the music polls popular in the 70’s inkies (NME, MM, Sounds) where people were voting for the “best” drummer, guitarist or whatever. They were always for a “top ten” – I always thought that kind of strange, that the whole world should not only have so few musicians in it, or that the voters seemed to have been able to listen to and make a value judgement about absolutely all of them. Including ones who had never been recorded. Amazing.

Best painter, anyone? 😆

brakes
    Free Member

Best.
    Thread.
    Ever.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Best painter, anyone?

Since you asked, I’m going to go for Rembrandt.

samuri
    Free Member

The guy who did our landing was pretty good.

DezB
    Free Member

These are my best threads

zippykona

If you’re talking about impact on history I would suggest Jesus’ dad as he was a car painter.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Best threads? Jermyn Street, preferably.

tomhoward

I would suggest Jesus’ dad as he was a car painter.

I’m not a religionist but, well, erm….

brakes
    Free Member

Jesus’ dad as he was a car painter.

I thought he was a fisherman… a carp hunter or something.

bearnecessities

Jermyn Street, preferably.

Talking of which; Hawes & Curtis’ suits are incredible value, but they never advertise them on their website. Weird.

Carry on..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oswald’s not doing too well lately, or so I’ve read.

brakes
    Free Member

Hawes & Curtis’ suits are incredible value

how much? I need a new suit but don’t have the reddies for an expensive one.

bearnecessities

They come it at £220 normal price from memory; but for that you get a very well cut suit, usually Super 110’s and if you ask for a “Corporate card” (anyone can have one) you get 10% off – all that they require is an email address to bombard you with, no home address needed.

They’re a proper hidden gem; unless they have gone downhill in last 12 months since I bought one, but I doubt it as they’ve been consitently good for years.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Decent price, but haven’t seen any of their suits to date. FWIW, I use Roderick Charles, as they’re nicely cut to fit my athletic (ahem) physique.

🙂

brakes
    Free Member

ta, I will check them out.

bearnecessities

Forgot to mention, they’re made in Italy too!

theflatboy
    Free Member

brakes – there’s a Hawes and Curtis outlet store on Green Lanes, a little way north of the Salisbury. They have good bargains in there.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘"Best" threads…’ is closed to new replies.