Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best sub £100 pocket binoculars?
  • zippykona

I have some cheap bins and want something a bit better.
    Saw these in John Lewis …Nikon Aculon A30 10X25 Binoculars and they were certainly better than what I have. I liked them as they folded up nice and small. That is ,that when folded both eye barrels (?) touched each other.
    Is there anything else I should look at?
    If they don’t fit in my pocket I’m not interested.

zippykona

Bumpity bump bump bump.

verses

I have the Nikon Sportlite 10x25s and have been very pleased with them.

Not sure if the Aculons are a modern version of the Sportlites or how they compare if not though.

nbt

I just bought some RSPB Rambler 8*25s for this purpose. I was looking at the more expensive 8*20 HD version but to be honest I find the 8*25 easier to use, in terms of getting the correct IPD (the distance between each barrel so they’re right in front of each eye).

If you wear glasses, consider a pair with twist-up eyecups as they’re easier to set up than the old style flip-down rubber eyecups. I do wear specs and that was a major selling point for me

also, get out and try stuff. as aboev, I found the rambler better than the more expensive “better” HD set

elwoodblues
    Free Member

I have a pair of Barr & Stroud bought cheaply off Amazon.

Very nice glass, good value for money.

Comes in many sizes, mine are the Barr & Stroud 10X42 Sahara FMC model, but they are too big to fit in your pocket.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Barr & Stroud

They’re not really Barr and Stroud. Just a name that was bought to badge up imported stuff.

Not saying anything wrong with them but Barr and Stroud should look like this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best sub £100 pocket binoculars?’ is closed to new replies.