Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best stove for car camping
  • turneround

now that i have 2 children and the days of cooking all we needed on an MSR pocket rocket are gone (for a wee while at least) i need to but=y a ‘camp’ stove (2 burners etc). Can anyone recommend me one, not too massive and robust.

Looked at the coleman duel fuel one but reviews on the latest models suggest poor quality to the older (20yrs +)ones…go gaz???

giantjason
    Free Member

i have a this coleman stove and use it for the last 3 camping trips and has been great….highly recommended.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Get two of those single burner jobbies that take aerosol type cannisters. No gas bottle to lug or buy. Instant powerful flame output, way bigger burner that a dual burner stove.

Halfords have these for £10 a piece.

Spongebob
    Free Member

The Coleman PerfectFlow™ 2-Burner Propane Stove looks good, but it’s £50. I like the windshield however. I use the plastic carry case that comes with my stove as a windshield. Of course, the coleman carry case is extra. Nice gear, but at a premium. Depends how much you will use this.

turneround

three times a year car camping…. check out the primus atle stove, that may be the one for me..I’d rather pay a little more for the quailty and have the thingy last

vinnyeh

got the campingaz camping chef- expensivish retail, but a quick google shows prices as low as £33 (you need to buy the regulator for whichever gas you use as well, so another £5-6). Two pretty powerful burners and a grill, packs pretty compactly. Works for us with a 2 + 4 year old.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best stove for car camping’ is closed to new replies.