Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • best steel hardtail to replace this…
  • aw
    Free Member

It is Ok…good spec but I fancy a steel hard tail like my old kona cindercone 🙂

aw
    Free Member

fancy a cotic soul, pipe dream or possibly a genesis?

scaredypants

bit manic today, aw ??

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

I loved my old Cindercone. I love my Orange P7 more. For all the same reasons. Have a look at the steel Voodoo Wanga’s too. Lovely Joe Murrey designed frame, same as the Cindercone, but you can’t run too big a fork on it. You can on the Orange. They really are a bloody great frame to ride!

tomkerton
    Free Member

Gotta be Cotic Soul.

Not owned one yet but it’s my next project.

aw
    Free Member

thx binners and tomkin…yes I am favouring the soul but might buy ready built…over £2k

Daffy

Shameless plug, but have you seen this:

Indy Fab

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

Sanderson Life

colin9

Sanderson Life

kimbers

boxelder

I’ve a ‘Life’ for sale in 20″
    853, SS head badge, Chris King headset, and only £175……

bigblackshed

boxelder – Member

I’ve a ‘Life’ for sale in 20″
    853, SS head badge, Chris King headset, and only £175……

Any chance of some photos please? Email in profile.

aw
    Free Member

I am too short for a 20 inch frame sorry…

should I go second hand? Also I am not much of a bike builder so even if I go Soul I will need the LBS to build or buy pre-built option.

wonderchump
    Free Member

Soul or Solaris depending where you sit on wheel size. I’ve got a Soul and love it. Get your LBS to seat the headset as it’s not worth buying a headset tool and the rest of the build is easy. You’ll need a torque wrench for the bottom bracket / cranks. Have fun getting to know your bike – it all helps when it comes to maintenance too, a real saving in the long run.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Soul. I’ve ridden them since 2003, got a bfe in May this year, which is pretty good, but I miss the comfort and rear flex of a soul, so will be treating myself to another at Christmas. Going from bfe to soul saves a pound in weight too.

eyerideit
    Free Member

I got a Sanderson Soloist to replace my Kona Explosif.

Very similar geo/feel to it.

You selling the Klein?

Sonor
    Free Member

I have a Sanderson Breath, but also a Klein Attitude, obviously different to each other. You can have both! 8)

dickie
    Free Member

Pace RC104 – very comfy!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I bought a white 18inch Voodoo Bizango frame from ebay a while ago as I had always lusted after one – I already had an 18inch Voodoo Wanga.

It was £90. It is a bit scratched/chipped in places but nothing major and I planned on getting it resprayed and had sourced some of the new decals from Joe Murray (for it was him) at Voodoo.

In reality I am not going to do anything with it, and I am going to break down the Wanga as well as the garage can’t hold anymore bikes and I need space for my other Turner build.

So if you are on a budget and fancy either then PM me.

Note that the bizango is lovely 853 steel, and is like this one:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54974

As the designer was Joe Murray it is pretty much a 100mm Explosif.

And the Wanga has the advantage of Paragon sliding dropouts, so you can run it single speed or with a rear hub.

LoCo
    Free Member

Dialled Albert classic 853 and £275.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Sonar, so do I! 😀

jonahtonto
    Free Member

I’m thinking of selling my ns core. I’ve really loved it but got too many bikes. I’d let it go fully built pretty cheap

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘best steel hardtail to replace this…’ is closed to new replies.