Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • best steel hardtail frame for……..
  • karnali
    Free Member

all day xc rides in the lakes and the odd trail centre blast mainly whinlatter to se with a 120 fox fork.

recomend away ( i know its a little subjective)

qwerty
    Free Member

you need a handjob

Toasty

Cotic Soul?

crocodilian
    Free Member
    Daffy

Cotic Soul

crocodilian
    Free Member
    theboatman
    Free Member

Get a life?

A sanderson one, that is.

juan
    Free Member

you need a handjob +1

Spaceman
    Free Member

Prince Albert, I had a Handjob (broke it) and the PA is a far better bike, cheaper and a British company as well.

guybe
    Free Member

Genesis Altitude 30 with Reynolds 853 tubing in lovely red colour at £399.99

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/frames/

mboy
    Free Member

Cotic Soul, or Genesis Altitude.

Can recommend either very highly, both handle brilliantly, have as near as identical geometry, weigh about the same, both have 853 main tubes… But the Genesis is a bit cheaper too…

I have the Altitude myself, and it's ace! Bought the frame only for a bargain price from a shop selling off 2008 stock in 2009, and have been 100% happy with it.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Pipedream Sirius would be another option for an inexpensive steel hardtail suitable for 120mm fork…

toys19
    Free Member

Umm fairly sure one of the On ones would meet your needs. inbred?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

alpin
    Free Member

Sanderson…. Breath or Life depending on budget. a great zingy steel frame that just feels 'right'.

Trekster

Mate is selling his Kinesis Maxlight if your interested? Speced with Hope and Thomson bits,been unused for best part of 6mths because he is doing a lot more road and has a bouncy bike for offroad. Will be 19in I think

I have a Pig btw but would consider a Genesis if I had the money. 2 mates have Pipedreams and rate them,not so keen myself.

karnali
    Free Member

like the look of the pipedream trekster why don'you rate them?

Kit
    Free Member

I like my Handjob and would recommend it highly, but you should try a few bikes if you can as the HJ is quite short in the top tube so may not fit you (mine is a bit too small I think…).

Mine with an F120 fork (now a Reba 120)

BollockChop
    Free Member

Bear in mind the new 2010 Sirius is completely different to the 09 version. 853 main tubes and beefed up 4130 CrMo 19mm seat stays. And no-one's ridden one yet. And the one pictured above is the previous prototype 725 tubing version, although it's going to look identical by all accounts.

brooess
    Free Member

Deffo try out a Cotic. I had a 2006 one, got replaced with a 2010 and it's ace. Really ace 🙂

dandan
    Free Member

Orange P7

Edric64
    Free Member

Rock lobster is cheap or a Voodoo Bizango.If you have lots of money get Dave Yates to build you one ,or go on one of his courses and build your own

Northwind

Soul. Obviously 😉

Or of course there's no end of cheaper options, most of which are also really good. Pers'nally I'd suggest a 456 over an Inbred, I didn't like the Inbred/Scandal handling much at 120mm, but that's a bit of personal taste of course. I love my Soul but I bet you I could be happy with a 456 or an Altitude or whatever.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Voodoo Wanga
    DMR Switchback

jimmy

DMR Switchback = Decade Virsa

Had one in the past and is perfectly what you describe.

Rickos
    Free Member

jimmy beat me to it – Decade Virsa like what Benji is using as a Long Termer. Nice green colour.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/reviews/long-termers-benji%E2%80%99s-kinesis-decade-virsa-2/

metalheart
    Free Member

Has to be a Soul…

Wide bars, fat tyres, decent discs…

DaveE

P7 is mine and I love it.
    456 belongs to my Daughter.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes it's very subjective.

Handjob suits a 120mm fork perfectly, but I'd second what Kit says about trying one first. Might be a bit upright for all-day riding.

I've ridden mine in the Lakes, but it did get rattled around a fair bit. Something a bit beefier like a PA might be more suitable.

saladdodger
    Free Member

456 with 125mm forks works well for me

cheaper than a Soul to

Ok blah blah blah the soul is better blah blah

I have a Cotic simple with 130mm revs on and I like it but I could not justify the £350 differance between the 456 and the Soul, so I got the 456 with no regrets what so ever

Vortexracing

Soul everytime for me

Ridden loads of times in the lakes and even on the rockiest of drops it still feels great. Might may have some thing to do with the Pike though

flyingfox
    Free Member

sanderson or Whyte 19 Steel. Simples.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘best steel hardtail frame for……..’ is closed to new replies.