Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Best starter astronomy telescope
  • flip
    Free Member

What would be a good starter telescope for astronomy, preferably easy to use 🙂

daffs
    Free Member

It all depends on what you you want to get from your astronomy experience. Do you want to learn the night sky and where the constellations, planets, clusters etc are or do you just want to be able to look at amazing things with zero learning curve. What’s your budget? Your going to be going down either the dobsonian or Newtonian route. If your a “I want to learn the skies” than a manual-point-it-yourself Alt-az dobsonian is your best bet. A Newtonian will have a computer that will learn where everything is and all you will have to do is ask it. There are a lot, lot more to It than that. The sky at night website is a mine of info. Enjoy!

iwmunt
    Free Member

I have a celestron astromaster 130eq.
    With a 2x Barlow its great. Jupiter and her moons look great although I’ve not hunted any DSOs yet. Takes a while to set up though (polar alignment) a dobsonian is quicker.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Celestron FirstScope can be had for £40ish. I have one and saw Jupiter and four Galilean moons the day / night I got it.
    I’ve since added a 3x Barlow and for the cash this set-up is great. I’m getting into the astronomy thing more and more and will probably upgrade at some point. As you do…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Best starter astronomy telescope’ is closed to new replies.