Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • best sml van for a 29er?
  • rOcKeTdOg

Like to be able to fit a 29er without removing the wheels, reasonably economical, side door if possible, what do you recommend?

Wally

I roll mine into a Berlingo type van/car with 2/3rds of rear seats folded down (and it is same bike as yours!) 🙂

tthew

Depends if it has a bulkhead. Without you can stick a wheel beside or between the seats. I find it’s the width of the handlebars that’s the awkward thing, not the length so much as the van is a little narrower towards the top so the bike stands more diagonal with the from wheel on when strapped to the side. This is the reason I remove an MTB front wheel, but the road bike just rolls straight in. (Renault Kangoo)

notmyrealname
    Free Member

A 29er fits perfectly in a VW Caddy with te wheels on, in fact you can fit two 29ers in, one bungeed to each side with the rear wheel jammed in the side of the bulkhead. You also still have space left of any other kit in the middle of the floor.

kinger

My Transit Connect has been good so far, 2 bikes in back with the front wheels in just held up with bungy cords round the seatpost.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Another caddy/29er owner, brilliant little van

martinxyz
    Free Member

Probably a Pope Mobile!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘best sml van for a 29er?’ is closed to new replies.