Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best small Road Pump?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve just changed to some much lighter tyres on the road bike, so I reckon the number of punctures will go up. The only pump I have is too big for a jersey pocket.

Which is the best small pump that will fit in a jersey pocket, or clip to a frame?

Ta

scaredypants

CO2

simondbarnes

I really like my Lezyne Road Drive

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Not really thought about CO2. Just looking on Wiggle and they do 2 and a valve for £8.

Is it a case of you sit it on, and you have to use the whole cylinder in 1 blast or can you do it in stages to make sure the tube/tyre is seated properly?

Do you also carry just 1 cyclinder, or always carry 2?

Ta

cloudnine
    Free Member

Topeak Race Rocket HP Pump

Its tiny, 82g and fits in a saddle bag or pocket easily

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/topeak-race-rocket-hp-pump/rp-prod74898

somafunk

SKS supershort mini pump does me fine for a jersey pocket

html6
    Free Member
    jonba
    Free Member

http://www.topeak.com/products/Pumps/hybridrocket_rx

I have one of these. Works on its own or with gas. Carry one cartridge and if you get a second puncture then you can still get the tyre inflated.

scaredypants

Is it a case of you sit it on, and you have to use the whole cylinder in 1 blast or can you do it in stages to make sure the tube/tyre is seated properly?

Not sure if they’re all the same. Mine’s an ultraflate plus (about double the price of your wiggle one) and it has an actuation lever. You don’t need a whole cannister to do a tyre IME, and the pump actually seems to hold pressure inbetween rides too, though no real idea how long for – I wouldn’t trust it as my only cannister

I carry 3 cannisters (only because I’m on tubeless and happy to carry the weight rather than be left ranting at the roadside If I do have to reseat a tyre)

Oh, and … http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-co2-inflator-2

lazybike
    Free Member

Lezyne road drive for me..

househusband

I bought a Blackburn Airstik SL; the main reason being that it was one of the shortest pumps I could find; needed so it fits in the wee Topeak saddle pack…

MoreCashThanDash

Lezyne Road Drive here. They also do a rather nifty CO2 thingy now which might persuade me to give it a go.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ive plumped for the cheap Wiggle CO2 cartridges and adapter.

Will give it a go…well hopefully not.

Thanks for the recommendations, plenty of recommendations if it doesnt work out.

pirahna
    Free Member

I’ve tried Lezyne pumps and have been left stranded when they remove the valve core when you unscrew them. They’re beautifully made useless bits of crap.

The best is CO2. The best pump is a full length one, if you want small try an Innovations Road Air 2, Theyre slim but a bit too long for a jersey pocket.

brooess
    Free Member

+1 for the Topeak – 100psi in 200 pumps and has a hose so you don’t rip the valve out.
    I did have a problem the other week with it unscrewing the valve core but you can get a Park Tool to tighten those up

MoreCashThanDash

I found that the Lezyne pump only removed the valve core once.

Then I learnt to use the thing properly. 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best small Road Pump?’ is closed to new replies.