Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best small pedal bike.
  • cmd205
    Free Member

So my youngest daughter flies on her balance bike.

She is more than ready for a pedal bike so Santa bought her a islabike cnoc 14, but it’s way too big.

Daughter is 3.5 years old but really small so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a very small pedal bike. Needs to be lightweight if poss.

Thanks.

geoffj

Ridgeback minny (12″ wheels)

Ours went 12 to 16 to 20 to 24 to 26

I’ve always thought 14″ wheels are an odd size.

sgn23
    Free Member

Have you tried rotating the bars back to shorten the reach? This did the trick for my daughter at 3.5. Though she is average size.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Daughter’s first pedal bike was a specialized hotrock, 12″ wheels aluminium frame. Fairly light too. She is very small too but got on with it really well. Santa brought her a earlyrider 16″ wheel bike which she loves.

cookeaa

Our youngest is 3.75, quite small and trundling about on a hotrock 12″ minus pedals currently, she was happy on a cheapo 10″ balance bike before that, but got a shade too tall.

The spesh has a nice compact aluminium frame and fork, it’s a solid bike except for some odd components choices, I got rid of the rear coaster brake hub when it was our eldest daughters bike, switched the front brake to the rear and found a smaller lever…

She’s ready for pedals I reckon, maybe this week if the weather holds and we can get her out on it.

12″ wheels FTW.

hatter

My wee man on his Supurb bikes BO12, aged 3 years and 3 months *smug*

It was the only really nice 12″ wheel pedal bike I could find.

peabrain
    Free Member

I got mine a spesh hotrock 12 for his 2nd birthday. He had already been riding for 6 weeks (even smugger 😉 ) on a 10″ bso.

He was tiny and I had to run beside him for about 6 weeks until he grew enough to get a foot down when he stopped.

However it is quite heavy, the gearing is high for little legs and it has a coaster brake.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best small pedal bike.’ is closed to new replies.