Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Best small hydration pack ?
  • pymwymis
    Free Member

I’m sorted for a pack for epics but for a quick jaunt for a couple of hours I don’t want to lug my 20 litre evoc about.

Requirements :

2ltrs max for hydration bladder

Room for :

Pump
    Spare tube
    Repair/ maintenance kit
    Phone
    Couple of food bars
    And possibly a tiny pack away mac

Oh yeah, I don’t want to spend a fortune.

Let’s hear your thoughts.

Cheers

Pym

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Can’t recommend this highly enough (assuming you have a 2l bladder already since it’s not included)

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deuter-speed-lite-10l-rucksack-hydration-compatible/

jam-bo

dakine session.

jonnyrockymountain

Osprey viper 10!!!! Mint

pymwymis
    Free Member

Excellent food for thought there fellas. Keep it coming .

midlifecrashes

Saddle bag for a fiver from decathlon. Cage from decathlon too, £1.19, 750ml water bottle from CRC clearance, 99p. The feeling of riding without a sweaty back or straps round your shoulders, priceless.

rocketman
    Free Member

dakine session

Have got two Sessions I find them ideal for shorter rides. 2l reservoir lots of seperate compartments for minipump tools phone food etc can get a highly packable waterproof in if req’d.

Straps on the outside will take a full-face and some lightweight armour but at this point it’s starting to get slightly overwhelmed.

Very tough little pack the first one is several years old and apart from some weathering on the upper surfaces it’s 100% intact & functional.

Mounty_73

I use a Camelbak Rogue, it does the job nicely.

tinman66
    Free Member

Had exactly the same issue and went for a Camelbak Charge LR. Plenty of room for a couple of inner tubes, basic tools etc and a 2 litre reservoir that fits laterally across the lower back so I hardly notice its there. Definitely one of my best buys, use it all the time now on anything but big all day sessions.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Thankyou everyone. Plenty to go at there.

Cheers

alwillis

Camelbak Octane XCT here, use it for everything up to 4 hours (packing very minimally though!)

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Deuter for a regular bag.

Wingnut for (IMHO) a really well thought out bag.

I do like the look of the Camelbak Charge too. That would be near the top of my list if I were bag-hunting.

Tried quite a few bags and they’re the top of my list at the moment.

Otherwise I have a Thor moto enduro pack here that will hold a 2 ltr res nicely. Yours for not a lot if you’re interested.

stumpy01

Osprey Syncro 10 for me…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Best small hydration pack ?’ is closed to new replies.