Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best small home workshop air compressor?
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

As per the title, any suggestions?

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Comes in different colours

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Looks like a bong to me?

Tracey

Got an Aldi one mounted to garage wall works well for most things I need

Comes with a tyre inflator

MarkN
    Free Member

Not sure that Aldi unit will deal with seating beads on a tubeless set up. I have not tried it but it looks like no more than a pump with no reserve. It may deal with the pressure okay but it will not have the volume.

trail_rat
    Free Member

mundiesmeister – can i run an impact driver off that …..

oh wait….your presuming.

twoniner
    Free Member

What’s your budget? Mate of mine bought a JCB one from B&Q, does a cracking job on seating tubeless tyres.

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the Aldi 2.5hp 24L compressors (£100).

Copes okay with an impact driver and a die grinder if you have the patience to allow it to catch up. I also have the £80 Lidl one which has a slightly different regulator set up and is supposed to be 2.5hp but my power meter says it is more like 2hp (the Aldi comes out at 2.5). My plan is to link them together along with my 65L spare tank.

But another option is the 3hp ‘V’ type ones that you can find on ebay, machinemart and Lidl sell for about £180. The figures indicate an air output just a bit lower than two of the 2.5hp types but for 2hp less and it has a 50L tank so if you can afford one of those then they are a good buy.

Toolstation are also doing a SIP compressor for about £99 but it’s not as powerful. It is oil free though so good for paint etc without any extra equipment.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best small home workshop air compressor?’ is closed to new replies.