Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best Slick/Semi Slick Tyre for MTB
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’m doing Manchester to Blackpool on Sunday, at the moment I run Kenda SB8s on front and rear.
    I was wondering whether it would be worth buying a slick/semi slick for rear or both?
    Is it worth it for the event and is it far more likely for mew to get punctures?

Cheers

jamiep
    Free Member

Schwalbe City Jet are pretty puncture-proof and dirt cheap if you want to experiment

jb72
    Free Member

Someone asked this last night road tyres for a mtb

sandwicheater

If the route has any off road sections, tow-paths, fire roads etc i’d recommend Conti Fighter II

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/continental-double-fighter-ii-mtb-tyre/rp-prod18897?gs=1&gclid=CPC189aJzsYCFQrItAodnXwNFg&gclsrc=aw.ds

If 100% road, there are better options.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

If the route has any off road sections

It doesn’t; road all the way.

My wife is doing it on Sunday, too. So I’ve put some Schwalbe Land Cruisers on her Five.

They roll well with a solid centre bar, but being wire bead and kevlar puncture resistant they are not super light.

Better an road than the Cinders she has been running, though.

binners

Big fat 1.9 Schwalbe City Jets are the way forward. I always have a set in the shed for any road based eventualities

thenorthwind

I’m a fan of Michelin Country Rocks myself

billytinkle
    Free Member

Schwalbe Kojaks are fast and light

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Cheers for all the replies folks, ended up with some of these;

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/tyres/road/product/review-specialized-bicycles-nimbus-armadillo-26×1-5-10089/

Cycle Surgery did me a good deal on them and sat and listened to what I want from the tyre and were really good with me.

I shall report back after Sunday if they’re any good or not!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best Slick/Semi Slick Tyre for MTB’ is closed to new replies.