Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best shoes for Hope F20
  • pbooker1995
    Free Member

As above.

Used to love my Shimano Am41’s but the sole is just a little thick for the Hope pedals to get complete grip.

Any alternatives that people would recommend.

Have just ordered some clipped shoes and pedals but I’m tempted to send them back.

sq225917
    Free Member

5’10 Guide tenne’s

droppinneutron
    Free Member

Hope pedals have very poor levels of grip on any shoes until you fit the ‘extra grippy pins’ you can get from hope for a tenner.

5:10’s then grip really well with them

roverpig

Can you only get the “extra grippy pins” from Hope? I’ve seen a number of sites selling replacement pins; solid, hollow, even Ti, but none are marked as “extra grippy” 🙂

My 5:10 Impacts recently died and I switched to the lighter Freeriders. It may just be my imagination, but these do seem to work better with the Hope F20 pedals.

smokey_jo

Both my Duffs skate shoes and Merrill hiking boots stick like the proverbial excrement to a blanket to my f20’s on standard pins, much grippier than my v12’s ever were.

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ve only got a couple of weeks on my f20s now with Sombrio Float shoes, but I honestly think they’re a little bit grippier than the Nanos they replaced. What I do notice is that they don’t feel like the pins are ripping at the soles as happens with grub-screws. Maybe that sounds weird, but I definitely prefer the feel of the f20s (and it’s not just me trying to justify the price difference because for me it was only about £5 difference).

droppinneutron
    Free Member

They might not actually be called extra grippy, but they are more grippierer!

The ones I got where hope ones dunno if others will fit

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-flat-pedal-pins/rp-prod118700
    The Hollow pins option in the above is what you need, longer and drilled out on the top. Additionally you’ll help the grip and feel if you don’t fit the pins in the centre of the pedal, possibly also the ones on the outer edge.

roverpig

Thanks, I wondered whether those hollow pins might be the ones as they do look a bit more grippy, but it’d good to hear confirmation. I guess you’d need two packs to replace all the pins, but maybe it would be worth just replacing some.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

I just got one pack and did the back edges and the outer two on the front edges, leaving the middle one on the front edge standard and leaving out the centre of the platform and the outer edge entirely. Bingo, nice concave feeling and huge grip.

cardo

I’ve recently invested in 5:10 freeriders with the new vxi sole.. they seem to work very well with my F20’s

roverpig

I just got one pack and did the back edges and the outer two on the front edges, leaving the middle one on the front edge standard and leaving out the centre of the platform and the outer edge entirely. Bingo, nice concave feeling and huge grip.

Thanks. I may well give that a go. Although they do feel better with the new Freeriders than they did with the old Impacts.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best shoes for Hope F20’ is closed to new replies.