Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Best self adhesive puncture repair patches
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I have never used these before, having always preferred to use a proper patch/glue kit. However, I ran out of glue so resorted to some self adhesive lezyne patches I had knocking about. It seems to have worked. Are these the best ones, or are there better?

Suggsey
    Free Member

I find whatever is the cheapest to be honest! Always keep them on me I case the glues gone off, Halfords do a mega cheap basic packaged pack of six for less than a couple of quid.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You won’t be smiling tomorrow when they give out. They’re OK as a get you home but the don’t last like a proper patch.

andrewreay

The Park Tool ones have served me faultlessly for years.

TBH, have never used anything else, but that’s because I’ve never had to.

Other retailers are available

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You won’t be smiling tomorrow when they give out. They’re OK as a get you home but the don’t last like a proper patch.

🙁 must admit, I thought it seemed a bit flimsy. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow night….

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

TBH I find that even Park ones fail after a while. (I could be talking1y plus here!). For me patched tubes only ever get used as future spares.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Never had one fail and been using them for donkeys years…..had about 25 on one tube, it was more instant puncture repairs than original tube. Of course I’m running all the bikes except the fatty and road bike as tubeless but recently sealed a big split in the fatty slimed tube with an instant patch…and that’s still okay too.

Suggsey
    Free Member

To qualify the only ones that’s been a bit crappy is those Park ones….I did have one that the adhesive seemed to have gone off whilst on the backing paper…get the halfords ones…

trademark
    Free Member

Wilkinsons Stores, 8-pack for £1.
    My Nobby Nic is still hard after two weeks.

midlifecrashes

I’ve used Park for years too, some last forever, some only work as a stop gap. I’ve recently tried Bell branded ones from Asda, couple of quid for loads in a box with tyre levers and sandpaper. They’re shit.

alexpalacefan

In my experience they all eventually fail. Had to bin a tube just the other day.
    Use a proper patch whenever you can.

APF

drewd

I’ve got some Park ones as the reviews are good, but I’ve never had to use them. I’ve also tried the Bell ones from Asda, and they were terrible. They didn’t even stick to the tube, let alone hold air. Sellotape would have been more effective.

bianchiboy
    Free Member

Specialized flat boy,£3 for a pack of 6
    Never failed me.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

The ones i’ve had most success with are Leeches from Halfords.

damascus
    Free Member

I’ve used a few different types. I found the green slime ones useless. Best by far are the park ones but keep them sealed in a waterproof bag if possible. Normally people leave them in the rucksack, they get wet and then dry out time and time again. Years later you come to use them and then wonder why they fail.

zero-cool
    Free Member

I still have tubes over 5 years old that are fine with Park patches. I usually add a packet to top up my CRC orders to get free delivery as they are usually cheaper than the cost of postage

dogthomson

My Nobby Nic is still hard after two weeks.

My name’s not Nic and you should see a doctor!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Used a variety and all have worked fine trailside.

i tend to view them as enough to get you home though some have stayed in place for years with no ill effect and some have just peeled off/leaked at the edges by the time I get home. Brand seems to not matter / I have never paid attention.

dustytrails

Park…never failed on me!

rocketman
    Free Member

Have been impressed with Park’s patches they seem insanely sticky and flexible enough to withstand tyre changes without wrinkling

For me they’re a permanent fix I fit a new tube as often as Feb 29

onandon
    Free Member

Also never had a park patch fail. Also handy if you run out of copter tape.

eBay is your friend for cheap park patches. I picked up a job lot 4 years ago. Still have loads left.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Leeches (can you even still get them?) used to work well for me. Before all this tubeless mullarky.

TiRed

Topeak. The Park ones have a habit of going hard and failing. They will all effect an emergency repair in the field, but I found the Topeak ones lasted longer.

Rema Tip Top when I’m at home.

kimbers

Any ones I’ve used have been fine, except for some lezyne one I got for free, they were absolutely awful

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have only ever tried leeches and gave up after using a couple. They just ended up sliding around the tube so they no longer covered the hole. I stuck a couple over the holes in my camelbak bladder a few years ago as an temporary repair and are still on and haven’t moved.

cubicboy
    Free Member

Park have been great for me over the years. Had some Lezyne ones and they were awful… they didn’t stick at all.

woody2000

Weldtite Red Devils have worked for me, Lezyne ones have not.

keefmac

+1 for the park tools ones here too. not tried anyone else’s as they work really well and they’re cheap enough.

nice tip on the helicopter tape usage too

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Best self adhesive puncture repair patches’ is closed to new replies.