Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best seat bag – 29er specific?
  • krixmeister

My seat pack finally died. By 29er specific I mean, the smallest possible pack that can hold:

* 29er tube
    * couple of tire levers
    * CO2 cartridge and small inflator (current inflator is a small Genuine Innovations one)
    * multitool (Lezyne CRV20)
    * couple of patches, and a £10 note

Any tips? I’m hoping for smallest one possible, to reduce rattling. Current one is a Bontrager of some sort, that was perfectly sized for the above. But only lasted about a year.

29erKeith
    Free Member

If you want it to last I’d recommend Ortlieb, a classic folding close one, not the zip one.
    There’s a range of sizes, not the most compact though, it won’t rattle itself, contents can if not pretty much full. Only saddle pack I’ve ever had that’s lasted

LS
    Free Member

I fit all that lot into a Lezyne Micro Caddy, medium sized. No rattles and also no annoying strap round the seatpost.

krixmeister

Thanks – Lezyne looks good, and not too expensive.

jonba
    Free Member

Arkel, not cheap but lasts and holds things securely.

aP
    Free Member

2nd for Arkel, I’ve been using their seat packs for nearly 10 years now. They last well.

bur70n
    Free Member

Anyone have any other suggestions, needing the same, gone to 29er and now can’t get the pump, tube and levers in my Specialized Mini Wedgie.

thepodge
    Free Member

I use a small Decathlon one, oddly my 29er tube takes up less space than my 26er tube

rene59
    Free Member

gone to 29er and now can’t get the pump, tube and levers in my Specialized Mini Wedgie.

Just use a 26″ tube then.

thepodge
    Free Member

Thats a good point, I found in an emergency a 26 tube works just fine in a 29 wheel

bur70n
    Free Member

Thats true, I did go from 700c to the 29er.

ndthornton
    Free Member
    trail_rat
    Free Member

ortlieb the only one ive not lost…..

expensive to buy …. but worth it when i dont have to replace a multi tool , tube , inflator and 10 pound note twice a year…..

cubicboy
    Free Member

Lezyne Micro Caddy for me too. The thing that I like most about it is that you can pull it tight to the saddle so that it’s not hanging down. It looks very compact.

fasthaggis

to reduce rattling

If the velcro is not doing it’s job ,you may need to go old skool and wack a toe strap round it.

welshfarmer

What about a small frame bag? I have this one (out of stock here) from Deuter and find it great. As well as the stuff you mentioned I can also fit a light wind/water proof and a triangular bandage in there at a push.

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/47797/Deuter_Rear_Triangle_Frame_Bag

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best seat bag – 29er specific?’ is closed to new replies.