Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best sealant for Continental Protection tyres?
  • thetallman
    Free Member

Hi all. Before I let myself in for any unnecessary drama, what sealants have you found most effective in Conti Protection tyres?

They’ve gone up really easily with a track Pump on Easton Arc 30s ( although slowly losing pressure ), so I’m happy to go ahead and pop the sealant in. I have some Stans, but have read about cases of Stans continually weeping through the sidewalls of Conti tyres? Should I perhaps go for some Revo sealant instead?

I’ve already scrubbed the inside of the tyres, to clean out the mould-release agent, as I’ve heard that can cause problems with sealant.

timmys

I use Stans in Conti protection and it is OK. I loose air slowly over a matter of weeks but I never scrubbed the tyres as you have correctly done. I don’t think Revo would be any better. Best thing is to be generous with the sealant on the first go and do it at time when you can immediately take the bike for a good ride – that seems the best way to seal porous side walls in my experience.

nach
    Free Member

I had better luck with Stans than Slime, but they both leaked air.

StuE
    Free Member

I have Conti tires on Easton Arcs and use Revo sealant,
    no weeping through side walls and no loss of pressure

sillyoldman

Revo in mine – no problems.

thetallman
    Free Member

Thanks chaps! Think I’ll give the Revo a try 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member
    johnnystorm

Used Stans in mine, no scrubbing, one tiny little weep and holding up a treat.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I use JRA wheel milk. It blocked up my porous Mountain King sidewalls up a treat.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best sealant for Continental Protection tyres?’ is closed to new replies.