• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best Route(s) over the Eildon Hills or other options local to Melrose
  • Taz

Just moved to Melrose

All a bit chaotic at the moment

Hoping to sneak some local rides early morning in the next week or so and was looking for pointers for local rides of 2 – 4 hours that I can self navigate fairly easily

Technically challenging is my preference but just getting out is my first goal 🙂

Will reach out for some riding buddies once things settle down 🙂

Taz

Should have added I posted for some advice when I first knew I was moving but search is not pulling it up for me 😕

br
    Free Member

Taz – if you looked at the Eildons at just before 9am this morning you might have seen me 🙂

If you’ve Strava then ‘Explore’ around and you’ll see a load of segments. If you’ve not Strava, join.

Happy to show you some – I’ll be out Monday morning.

Email in profile.

franksinatra

If you were riding last night about 5pm you would have seen me dragging my sweaty carcass over the hills (running). The hills are dry at the moment, a rare thing so enjoy the dust whilst it lasts, Eildons can be quite claggy when wet.

Best way up is via the reservoir at Bowdenmoor (ride up Dingleton Hill past golf course and keep going to the top of the road.)

Best way down is the long path that traverses north easterly from the saddle between Mid Hill and Hill North all the way to Bogleburn road (just up from the crematorium) Don’t try and ride up Mid hill as won’t be able to but North Hill and Wester Hill are both ridable. Loads of good linking sections but always best to ride with a local so just shout if you want to be show around.

Welcome to Melrose. is a great place to live. Whereabouts you staying?

TooTall
    Free Member

I wish I lived in Melrose. Best butchers shop for miles!

franksinatra

Best butchers shop for miles

It may be good but not cheap. Three sausage rolls and 6 slices of ham last weekend, £8.60! 😯 And that was form the locals shop, not the tourist one.

doh
    Free Member

I’m new too:)
    If anyone is about this weekend or pretty much anytime I’d be happy go for a spin

franksinatra

Worth checking out mtb borders (forum or Facebook) plenty of local rides arranged.

br
    Free Member

Nights too.

This week Wed 7pm at Inners, bring your lights.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best Route(s) over the Eildon Hills or other options local to Melrose’ is closed to new replies.