Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • best routes around hayfield?
  • sambob
    Free Member

any good stuff around hayfield? i know of the campsite descent and the one down to the ashes but is there anything else worth doing? will be around there tomorrow 🙂

snowslave

Hayfield is fantastic!!!

thefallguy
    Free Member

Hayfield is surrounded by great trails, Nick Craig (local xc legend) does a nice route in this months mbr

sambob
    Free Member

i know it is, i just dont know where they are 🙁 nick craig is a member of the same running club as my dad so speak to him sometimes 🙂 what page in mbr? i take it you mean the one that has the 10 best climbs feature?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The Hayfield orbital is a good start:
    http://www.bogtrotters.org/route/showrouteframe.php?route=39

crazy-legs

Head out round Rowarth, Thornsett and Chinley from Hayfield if you want some good descents back. Just look at an OS map and pick out some likely looking bridleways that follow the contours downwards, you're not going to go too far wrong!

THIS is nice from the ridge down to the main road

thefallguy
    Free Member

No its the new issue that's out today

Artillerydave
    Free Member

woollyback routes

We have a couple of nice Hayfield routes on our page, scroll down they are in Alpha order. memory map or pdf format.

nbt

Simon's hayfield orbital is a good start as it's always close to town and you can esily repeat good bis or duck out if you;re knackered.

Far Phoside is one of my favourite descents. The Last Drop to Rowarth is another cracker.

sambob
    Free Member

ended up going along to birch vale, up lantern pike, down past peep o'day, down the track to the ashes, then up to the top of campsite descent and down 😀 now my favourite descent, i love how it can be done with very little braking 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘best routes around hayfield?’ is closed to new replies.