Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Best Route Down BPW
  • skybluestu
    Free Member

What are people’s best combination of trails down bpw?
    As just recently been my view was:
    Vicious Valley
    A470
    Coal not Dole
    Insufficient Funds (totally different since reopened)
    Any alternatives from the community?

weeksy

Sixtapod > Willy Waver > Norkel

Not hardcore, but proper proper fun 🙂

zilog6128

I’m with you OP! Insufficient Funds is awesome since they changed it up.

Terrys Belly/Hot Stepper is also really good (and long!)

mattbee

Love Hot Stepper.

teethgrinder

weeksy – Member

Sixtapod > Willy Waver > Norkel
    Not hardcore, but proper proper fun

That! Willy Waver is pretty good as well.

Terry’s Belly is almost too much – goes on for ever

timmys

Wibbly Wobbly > Willy Waver (with red options) for me.

skybluestu
    Free Member

Yep like hotstepper too. By the end of terry belly I usually have claw hands though!

gallowayboy

On the strength of one visit, Vicious Valley/Bonneyville/Deep Nav was my favourite – bit of a work out, but really satisfying.

chiefgrooveguru

I like Dai Hard into Pork Belly / Coal Not Dole into Insufficient Funds. But I haven’t been since Hot Stepper opened! It’s all great. Going there next month… 🙂

typer
    Free Member

Hot Stepper is just brilliant. Vicious Valley into A470 is also good fun 🙂

colournoise

Wibbly Wobbly > Rim Dinger for me.

maxtorque

Hot stepper is good, but i resent the climb from the end back up to the buses, even though it’s not much of a climb!

(something to do with not wanting to pedal AT ALL on an uplift day…….. 😉

smatkins1
    Free Member

Any combination down is fantastic!

Unless you start with Melted Welly that is, that seems to be the only trail there I don’t enjoy… although I haven’t ridden the pro lines! I don’t think I’d enjoy those!

superfli
    Free Member

I’m with chiefgrooveguru on this. Dai Hard into Cole not Dole or Pork Belly (not sure which is best), into Insufficient Funds (although not ridden it since it was improved!)

SirHC

Dai Hard > Pork Belly/Coal-not-dole > Deep Navigation

jedi

vicious valley, rock and roll,insufficient funds

weeksy

You need to help me there Jedi… i want to do the entry into VV and also insufficient funds…. but i’m scared….

Would you do a training day at BPW mate ?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Is that the step drop from the wooden platform right at the start at the top?
    I bottled it on my HT the first time I ever went, but next time I was on the FS and its fine, and Im in no way inclined to get air under my wheels.

weeksy

bigyinn – Member

Is that the step drop from the wooden platform right at the start at the top?
    I bottled it on my HT the first time I ever went, but next time I was on the FS and its fine, and Im in no way inclined to get air under my wheels.

Yup… purely a psychological thing for me.. i have some mental block on that. There’s a similar if not worse rock step on Wibbly Wobbly, that i cruise over, but i think that’s because i’m hitting it mid-trail and momentum and adrenaline take over. I KNOW the VV one i can do… but knowing and doing are not always the same 🙂

Anyway… lets leave it there as it may clog up the thread.

benman
    Free Member

I thought that step into Vicious Valley would be virtually rollable?

Had my first go at BPW earlier this week, my fav’s were Dai Hard > Pork Belly > Insufficient Funds.

My Jedi session from earlier in the year all came flooding back when I was popping the drops and jumps 🙂 Didn’t have the balls for the Dai Hard qualifier gap though 🙁

deviant
    Free Member

Can’t remember what it’s called but it’s a blue at the top (sixtapod?) that starts off the wooden ‘decking’?….easy flowing start, you can then come to a ‘trails cross’ sign they have there and join Hot Stepper….which is bloody brilliant in my opinion and has enough drops to keep even the experts amused, most are rollable if you’re not confident, I did it on a hardtail last week so it’s not beyond anybody’s capability….then at a road crossing switch to Blue Belle which is underrated and takes you through narrow tree gaps, is stacked with berms etc….love it, that can take you to the cafe and it’s a great workout.

I find some of the black a little contrived in that last time I rode them it seemed they’d just dumped huge rocks/slabs all over the place to make it difficult….it didn’t, it made them a chore, Antur had better black runs IMO but a day at BPW is always fun whereas I concussed myself and broke my wrist last time I went to Antur!

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’d like to take a longer travel bike (my Trance is only 100mm) to BPW. My Spesh Enduro has diagnosed with a terminal chainstay crack a week before my first visit there, so rode the HT. Good grief my legs were sore at the end of that day.

jedi

i dont/cant at bpw

P-Jay
    Free Member

Erm, last time it was Hot-Stepper, faceplant, **** this, Terry’s Belly, Car, home.

I have to say, I must be a proper mincer but I like the blue ones, I like going fast and the rocks on the other ones make me slower. The new Insuficiant funds looks a laugh though.

takisawa2

Sixtapod into Willy Waver.

But that Hot Stepper is simply brilliant, I get knackered towards the end of Terry’s Belly though.
    🙂 Could do with a short cut towards the end.

maxtorque

You’d be fine over the little drop into VV weeksy, i’ve seen you do much bigger drops! The only reason the VV looks odd is because it’s, as you say, so close to the start of the trail. But in fact, they have built the landing up so much now even if you make a total fist of it you’ll pretty much just roll off it ok!

chrishc777
    Free Member

Fifty shades top to bottom, awesome trail

Or Enter the Dragon > Pork Belly > Deep Nav

Edit: do like the old Insufficient, but haven’t ridden it since the rebuild

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Best Route Down BPW’ is closed to new replies.