Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best road bike for £350-£450?
  • BB

Anyone seen any deals? For a colleague (He's 6'4").

Cheers.

sputnik
    Free Member

For that sorta money you are better of buying a second hand bike. I got a full Dura Ace equiped Specialized with good wheels for £400.

BB

That's what I said (as road bikes have an easier life), but he wants new.

He's not especially into riding, but the 8 mile commute on his Raleigh MTB is getting him down.

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

Decathlon are supoosed to do some alright road bikes.

Lifer
    Free Member

I've been looking at the Merida 880, it's had good reviews if he can stretch £50 more? Or even less if he uses C2W

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

you wont get anything that could be desctibed as good for that money, it will fall to pices very very quickly, be wobbly under power, harsh over bumps, and heavy.

Cannondale R500/R600, or Trek 1000/1200 (or the newer 1 series if you can find one in budget). Both can be found for well under your budget on ebay/classifides. The Trek is lighter and harsher, the Cannondale is much more comfortable thanks to the hourglass stays. The cannondale is phenomenaly stiff under power thanks to the mahoosive down tube and huge welds arround the BB. People on carbon wonder bikes often compliment it and one of the roadie mags rated it as one of the best frames they'r ridden (up there with some retro steel exotica and the kiron scandium/carbon frame).

BB

TINAS- I know I know. E bay has been tempting me recently. In my defence I did put 'best' rather than 'good'.

Like I said, it's only for commuting.

scottishbadger
    Free Member

Slick tyres may help him on his commute, cheaper too.

Teetosugars
    Free Member
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best road bike for £350-£450?’ is closed to new replies.