Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best road bike for £1k – any good deals around?
  • Legoman
    Free Member

Mate’s looking for a road bike to do London-Paris this year.
    I’m not a road bike expert but reckon Shimano 105-spec should just about be in his price range.

Seen any good deals recently?

peteimpreza

Have a look on Pauls Cycles.

Bregante

As above, plenty of choice if he goes for last years model from somewhere like Paul’s Cycles. There’s a few defy’s on there around £1k. My money would go on this but the geometry may not be to everyone’s taste.

Legoman
    Free Member

Wow – that Planet X looks unbeatable for the price

That CAAD10 looks good too – he might prefer a mainstream brand, but only 1 size still in stock

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s worth asking your buddy how ‘racey’ he wants the bike to be. He might be looking for something a bit more comfortable than the Planet X…

alexdodd
    Free Member
    Legoman
    Free Member

Good point Shermer….. he was originally assuming he could just do it on his MTB!
    That Mekk might suit him better – good find alexdodd

teamslug
    Free Member

I got a cannondale synapse carbon from Pauls. It was 1400 with 105 but they have one with tiagra for 999. I came from 20 years of mtb’s. Wanted something with a bit of ‘give’. Is very compliant and geometry is a bit less racy. I really like it…Absolutely stunning service too..ordered at 2pm and was in my kitchen at 2pm next day

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best road bike for £1k – any good deals around?’ is closed to new replies.