• This topic has 86 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by _tom_.
Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Best Ride of the Year? + Pictures
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Probably not the best, but it’s the most I’ve done for months after spending the winter cross racing for the first time.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Threads like this are inspiring, what a lucky lot we are, look at the places we go and things we do.

My year hasn’t been that great, life’s got in the way a bit, even when I do get out I’m stressed about stuff I need to deal with at home, gotta stop doing that!

My ride of the year would have to be a black xc route at Les Gets, some seriously challenging natural stuff on that ride, sorry no pics, but a refreshing change from the manmade dh stuff 😀

stewartc
    Free Member

Threads like this are inspiring, what a lucky lot we are, look at the places we go and things we do.

Yes, some great pictures here, making me look at my plans for 2016.

Been lucky this year, managed some good riding home and abroad, guess the highlight was my first Chiang Mei trip in April (been back since), long dusty trails, good fun and lots of Chang beer to wet the throat.

P20

Tracey – I’m wishing Katie all the best and hope it works for her, sounds horrendous. A few years ago, Tasha bust her knee and was off for months. The short ride along an old railway line with her was probably my favourite ride that year. Having her back on a bike was fabulous

eshershore
    Free Member

Isle of Grain – a really hidden and unique environment east of London

highly recommend for road riding; if coming from London you can ride out, or train HS1 from Kings Cross to Gravesend and then ride out

Kit
    Free Member

I only had one ride this year, so I guess it counts as the best by default 🙂

Bynack More ascent/descent
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Afmf3u]Descending North off the plateau[/url] by Kit Carruthers, on Flickr

_tom_
    Free Member

Don’t have any photos of my ride of the year which I think was taking my girlfriend out on the bikes for the first time, she loved it and will be getting her first proper bike soon 🙂 just cycle paths etc for now but I’m sure I can persuade her into riding some singletrack stuff eventually.

Other best was probably an uplift day at the FOD a few months ago. First time I’ve properly enjoyed rooty trails, usually I just prefer the smoother jump lines but I was loving charging at all the wet roots this time.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Best Ride of the Year? + Pictures’ is closed to new replies.