Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Best replacement smartphone sim only 200 max?
  • hopefiendboy

Looking to replace my ageing s3-on giffgaff- with a new smart phone. Any suggestions for no more that 200 quid?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Used iPhone 5 on eBay? I happen to have one for sale

Cougar

We really need a forum FAQ.

hopefiendboy

Sorry in advance 🙂

tunners
    Free Member

I just brought a LG G3 on via Amazon Warehouse Deals for just under £200. Condition was great (I can’t see any marks, etc., it was down as “very good”) and the headphones, etc., were unopened. Looks like they have gone up now the price was highlighted on HotUKDeals. Worth keeping an eye on however as prices go up and down daily.

stevehine

Depends on what you want I guess. .. I got a brand new Xperia Z Ultra from Expansys for £210 – it’s a lovely phone if you don’t mind something on the larger size…

stevehine

Take a look here – some bargains if you aren’t fussy about the condition of the packaging…

http://www.expansys.com/nearly-new/

barney8000
    Free Member

I’ve got a Galaxy S2 and was recently looking for a new phone due to lack of storage space, general slowness etc. Then I replaced the stock Android OS with NeatROM Lite and don’t need a new phone anymore…

Give it a go?

richmars

Moto e or g

dvatcmark
    Free Member

One plus are having a few flash sales at the moment where you can get a 16gb model for under 200. Fantastic phone, crushes my old s4, and works nicley on 3s 4g network.

Gowrie
    Free Member

Moto e or g

Agree. My wife has a Moto G and apart from being a little heavier, its as good as my Nexus 5

twicewithchips
    Free Member

I’ve just done the same and went for a moto g 2nd gen – I’m very pleased with it: 2 days off the battery and the reception is loads better than the samsung was. £150 or there abouts.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

The one plus Seems to be on sale now, £179 for the 16gb
    https://oneplus.net/uk

porlus
    Free Member

If you fancy a punt with windows then those Lumia 640s are getting good reviews. Way under budget too.

boblo
    Free Member

I just bought SWMBO an S4 mini for £150 from Expansys. Ace phones.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Used to have a Nokia Lumia but they kept breaking so bought an I phone 4s from carphone warehouse for £199. I’m on gifgaf and I have to say I’m not a fanboi but the i phone is definitely better build quality. The wife has bought one this week too.

fionap

The one plus Seems to be on sale now, £179 for the 16gb
    https://oneplus.net/uk

64gb for £219 too. That and a Tesco 4g Sim for £10.00/month for 1gb looks like the cheapest way of doing things right now.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Has anyone got a oneplus one? There’s been a few reports of touchscreen issues when the phone is warm – anything to worry about?

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Oneplus is sold out anyway….. So I wouldn’t worry about the screen!

freeagent
    Free Member

Yep, I have a oneplus.
    No touch screen issues here. Only problem I had was with it dying for about an hour after it had been in my jersey pocket for a warm road-ride.
    I suspect it got a bit damp and shut down.
    I put it in a sandwich bag now if I’m going to carry it in my jersey pocket.

johnnystorm

Oneplus one all the way!

No problems with mine. 😀

johnnystorm

Might be out of stock currently but they are only releasing a few each day. The one criticism is the element of faff to acquire one. It’s worth it though.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Motorola Moto G £150 cracking phone!

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

one plus just dont upgrade to lollipop on it yet cm12. The touchscreen would lose tracking with more than one finger on it but a quick reboot solves it. not quite 4g on anything but 3 network. It doesnt have expandable memory or removeeable battery. I like it but just wish they solve the bugs to cm12.

nuke

Flash sale just on…
    https://oneplus.net/uk/one

No 16GB but black 64gb Oneplus available for £219

lovewookie

Elephones are looking good for the money now too, the S2 and S2plus, and the p8000 will be out soon.

benslow
    Free Member

Another recommendation for the MOTO G 4G (2nd Gen)

£139 in CPW at the moment running the latest version of Android which is very good.

An excellent phone all round ………

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Best replacement smartphone sim only 200 max?’ is closed to new replies.