Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Best recovery drink please?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

None of TJs bollox, want real recovery drinks, not yazoo! Something that means i can ride in the morning after a night ride and not feel like a gulf war veteran!

Is rego any cop?

coatesy
    Free Member

Using Go myself, seems to have stopped all of my cramp problems after sweaty rides. PSP22 seems to work fine for me during longer rides too, not had any experience of Rego though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

IanMunro
    Free Member

Nesquick.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

I've found that generic protein powders work for me, mostly been using Nutrisport Vegan 90+ recently…mmmmm pea protein. 🙂

Shandy
    Free Member

High5 Protein Recovery, strawberry flavour, 3 scoops in a pint of milk.

Paulio
    Free Member

I've only tried some Maximuscle stuff and Torq strawberries and cream and have stuck with the Torq. Tastes lovely and I am amazed at how much it helps reduce muscle soreness. On the downside it is a bit pricey.

william
    Free Member

Milk.

MoreCashThanDash

Torq or Goodness Shakes as far as drinks go – rather partial to High 5 protein bars which seem to have a similar (possibly placebo!) effect for me.

To be fair, after a night ride it's usually 2-3 pints of the guest beer and a packet of McCoys and then have to MTFU 8 hours later when I climb back on a bike and commute in!

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Just started using one, the SIS Rego.

Really quite impressed!!

romster
    Free Member

Rego is good stuff mate, i use rego rapid instead of the normal rego recovery. Plenty of protein & carbs and lots of rapidly absorbed pre-digested good proteins to bounce you back to life!

I'd start off by trying the basic stuff – and if you find yourself still needing "that little bit more" – try the Rapid.

If your one of the people who can't stomach the SIS, then the Torq recovery is also a good investment.

Everything i have tried for recovery has had pretty similar effects, it's just personal preference on a) what is palatable and doesn't make you want to vomit, and b) what agrees with your gut and doesn't cramp you up and leave you on the council gritter for an hour at a time.

Good luck fella…… 😉

KonaTC

+1 for torq recovery drink the banana and mango flavour tastes good

grahamt1980

I occasionally use rego but more often than not have a milkshake

romster
    Free Member

Oh yeh, forgot about the flavour…….chocolate fudge won it for me, and i actually enjoy it these days.

Dancake
    Free Member

minus 1 for beer. I had a lot of it after the roughride and today I can barely get up the stairs

(Apologies for all the loud swearing and farting to anyone who was unfortunate enough to be near me – I only get away from my Wife once a year and I overdo the booze a bit)

romster
    Free Member

(Apologies for all the loud swearing and farting to anyone who was unfortunate enough to be near me – I only get away from my Wife once a year and I overdo the booze a bit)

Funny!

zangolin
    Free Member
    romster
    Free Member

zangolin – do you wrestle?

DezB
    Free Member

If your one of the people who can't stomach the SIS…

Not just me then? That stuff gave me the most horrendous wind. 😯

Dancake
    Free Member

Maybe those lovely mud wrestling ladies can wrestle in the chocolate milk instead and occasionally take a slurp. They could go on for ages…

romster
    Free Member

Maybe those lovely ladies can wrestle in the chocolate milk and occasionally take a slurp. They could go on for ages…

+ 1 !! 😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Best recovery drink please?’ is closed to new replies.