Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • best rear mudguard for swapping between bikes
  • skeff10
    Free Member

As above , looking for a mudguard that I don, t fix permanently to one bike. I want to be able to put on before a ride and take off again and also use on my 2nd bike, but be decent quality. Am I asking the impossible?
    Cheers

swanny853

I’ve had the rear one of these for a while now. Seems like a solid build, easy enough to swap. The 29er one is enormous!

http://www.topeak.com/products/Fenders/defender_xc1xc11_26in

votchy
    Free Member

Waterproof shorts? No faffing around changing them between bikes!

pipiom
    Free Member

Defender for me, even on Tallboy with stealth dropper, clamps on to the small outer body of the dropper(not the moving bit) and clears the back wheel nicely (does spoil the look a bit, I admit, but keeps my old ass crack reasonably gnar-free)

stumpy01

The latest Crud guard takes about 2 mins to swap over. It’s best if you have similar size seatpost as you don’t need to swap shims.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

+1 for the SKS. On and off in seconds.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

+another for the SKS one, but it will only swap really quickly (like seconds) with the same diameter tube to connect to. My 3 bikes later, 12 year old one has run without the tiny safety locking screw for most of that time.

TiRed

I’d say SKS over Topeak. I snapped off the lugs on the road version of the Topeak on Teen2’s bike but have never had a problem with the SKS Shockboard (other than it being stolen along with the bike it was mounted to!). They use a similar tensioned strap and lever mechanism, so I think the SKS must be more robust. That said, I tend to use a shimmed crud on my own bike, but don’t swap between bikes.

Front guard is a permanent Crud mounted to bosses under the downtube. The bike develops a definite “mud fade” when ridden, so it must work!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘best rear mudguard for swapping between bikes’ is closed to new replies.