• This topic has 73 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jonwe.
Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Best quality slippers?
  • chorlton
    Free Member

Was looking through the local rag whilst camping in Aberaeron this year and fancied a pair of these till I found out the price. 😯

AlanJamesRaddon

zbonty

^ they’ve got laces so don’t count

I’m on my second pair of Homeys. They are comfy, hands free, and washable. They do wear over time but I prefer the look to other grandad offerings for £30

trail_rat
    Free Member

just because it winds binners up so…..

crocs – bought because flip flops are banned offshore for the most part – and then i had my non closed mind opened up to the fact that they are bloody comfy and practical – would buy another set tomorrow if these died – even if i didnt work offshore.

Although when its really cold in the house i do grab my nordisk down slippers but they fail the need hands to install test….. but warm 😀

wicki
    Free Member

My other half buys cheap supermarket slippers every 2 months

My crocs are 2 years old

squirrelking
    Free Member

Currently at the end of my Tesco slipper life cycle (too smelly to wear unless you are ten foot tall).

Any recommendations for something you can wear barefoot that wont stink to high heaven? My feet aren’t smelly, its just the cheap crap you get in normal slippers that make me sweat and wont wick off, tried everything including sticking them in the freezer for a couple of days to kill off the bacteria and nothing works.

Not precious about having to use my hands. Definitely want something warm.

ThePinkster

My favourite slippers up to now have been Moshulu Jakarta‘s Really comfortable, easy to step into, can be worn outside for bin duties and last for ages, but I’m liking the look of those sheepskin lined Crocs.

RustyNissanPrairie

North Face ‘tent mule’ slippers, down lined with a just about get away with outside sole.
    https://www.surfdome.com/The_North_Face_Slippers_-_The_North_Face_Nse_Tent_Mule_III_Slippers_-_Shiny_Honor_Blue/Deep_Teal_Blue_-227411?_$ja=tsid:13319|cid:218066952|agid:19873648272|tid:kwd-245136512112|crid:83898677112|nw:g|rnd:3906709721457807066|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=Cj0KEQiAg7ayBRD8qqSGt-fj6uYBEiQAucjOwcw6emElMf_yhhHvQZnkcksaUC61L198tYVcnStXY38aAp8U8P8HAQ

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve got some Homeys that are easily 10 years old and still going strong

10 years? Didn’t know the brand was going that long. I like homeys but they do go a bit baggy and maybe last about 2 years, not 10.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    ^@ hammyuk if you need hands to put them on, theyre not slippers FFS!

Idleness has rules.

Sorry to disappoint Stoner – but those donbeneedin handz – wiggle da foot and dayz ondafeet 😆

Plus they can be worn outside and washed with everything else so zero stinkiness.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The ecco ones are on sportpursuit atm, £47

nickjb
    Free Member

North Face ‘tent mule’ slippers,

+1

Andy_K

Celtic sheepskin ones. Classy. (ok, not cheap, but better than my old Clarkes ons)

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Shepherds of Sweden.

Stoner
    Free Member

Celtic sheepskin ones. Classy. (ok, not cheap, but better than my old Clarkes ons)

Absolute junk. Fell apart in less than a year. Shonky shonky tat for £60.

firestarter
    Free Member

I had a pair I picked up in Norway cheap as chips lasted years. I even used them in the evening to walk to the kiwi bar in Bosnia instead of my army boots during my winter tour there;) they were ace I wore them all the time finally gave up after about 15 years. And I can’t find them anymore. Will have to ask our kid he’s going to Norway in March 😉

brooess
    Free Member

Stylish… £10 from Uniqlo

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

This thread should be a sticky #soSTW 🙂

EdwardH

Celtic sheepskin mules. Im just on to my second pair, the previous pair lasted five years. Also they dont stink and can be thrown into the washing machine in required.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Haflinger Grischa.

Warm, comfy and rubber soled making them lego proof. Noice.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Bit of a festive bump any more Slipper Track World contributions.

manvstarmac

Another vote for Shepherds – ridiculously luxurious

http://shepherdofsweden.se/en/product-category/slippers/

Albanach
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of these Snugs http://www.natureshop.co.uk/collections/snugs-mens-footwear-slippers/products/snugs-snowdon-chocolate which are all what I want from a slipper. Rubber soles so a dash to the log store isn’t out of the question, Lego proof and pretty damn cosy. 30% off at the minute too which isn’t bad

bikebouy
    Free Member

After years of wearing the MIL’s slippers when in Harrogate at the Farm (flag stone floors, drafty as fek, stupid 3 stair staircase with shallow steps, downstairs bathroom & loo etc.) I kinda got really annoyed having slipped up the stairs again carrying tea.. and kicked her sodding blue fluffy things into touch.. and went to Jones and bought some slippers called JUST Sheepskin. They are indeed just that wrapped around the foot, so not a slip in the back type, and have a nice thin/medium hard but flexible sole.
    I only wear them up there, can’t stand slippers anywhere else, but believe me.. when in the North, do as Northerners…. 🙄

m360
    Free Member

North Face traction mule are good. Super warm and you can wear them outside, in camping barns, huts, etc. The insole is super thick and warm for those of us who don’t have under floor heating.

Whydot

I’m currently using a pair of Sanuk fleece lined hobbies. Warm, comfortable and with a sole that can handle outside.

As a bonus, they don’t look too slippery!

jonnyrockymountain

Sorel ones are really nice

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Just bought some more of those Ecco ones at SportPursuit for when mine wear out, which is probably going to be a long way off. A dark grey color, although they have both. SportPursuit sale of Ecco ends soon…

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Rather nice.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Got my eye on these 8)

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Warm-n-moist:

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Do Islamic State have a Christmas range?

nick1962
    Free Member

Crocs PSA here
    No advocados or red peppers though 😉

bobbyspangles

The Clarks King Ross grecian slippers are my faves. a good slipper for indoor and outdoor, nice grain leather and can be resoled too,

linky

jonwe
    Free Member

Ugg. Wonderfully snug and still going after 3 years. Regularly have to be repatriated from the feet of mrs jonwe and various teenage sons despite them having their own ( clearly inferior and better fitting) slippers. The xtr of the slipper world.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Best quality slippers?’ is closed to new replies.