• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by lowey.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Best pub in Borrowdale is?
  • ton

or indeed the best place to get a drink in borrowdale.

been to the pub in stonethwaite, which is nice. any of the hotel bars worth a shot?

postierich
    Free Member

Think it s all hotelish around Borrowdale never been to one!

tragically1969
    Free Member

Never been in but the Lodore always looks nice when I pass it.

eddie11
    Free Member

does portinscale count? (its on the bash) the farmers arms is nice. Derwent manor hotel a bit weird but great beer garden.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

The Riverside in Rosthwaite (attached to the Scafell Hotel).

boxelder

The Riverside bar in The Scafell Hotel, Rosthwaite. Entrance to the left of the building.
    EDIT: Bah, beaten by the stripey one

Sandwich

+3 For the Riverside. Does it still have a good whiskey selection?

bikebouy
    Free Member

The Lodre Falls Hotel is a bit sterile, a bit too Hotel’ish but, but it does do nice teas and coffees and has a few real ales and if you are hungry will serve up a decent munch.

There is a cafe a little further down on the right just over a stone bridge (can’t remember the name) and they serve really nice food.. but it’s just a tea shop.

We never found a decent Pub so just end up staying in the Hotel(s) we stay in.

grum
    Free Member

Kirkstile Inn? Though it’s not in Borrowdale, obviously. 🙂

boxelder

bikebouy – You’ve missed the Scafell – good beer and lots of fell running/climbing stuff on the walls.

ton

cheers fella’s. riverside it is then.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah so it seems, TBH having ridden all days we’ve been there far too knackered to leave the Hotel (we love it so it’s not too much of a problem) Well we’re up there soon so thanks for the tip !!

😀

ton

up there for the weekend, if anyone fancies a shandy. 😀

rascal
    Free Member

The Yew Tree at the bottom of HonisterPass in Seatoller?
    Was half decent when I had a pint in the beer garden when I did the BB – that was 5 years ago mind!
    Ton – what are your riding plans? If I was there this weekend I’d ride and have a few sherbets with you 😉
    There in early June if you are!

boxelder

Sit at the window and heckle the Fred Whittoners Ton. I’m marshalling for the Whinlatter Enduro race thingy Sat.

Trekster

ton – Member
    up there for the weekend, if anyone fancies a shandy.

Another weekend of night shifts and grand kids, what a mix 🙄

gallowayboy

Langstrath is considerably better than the riverside for food and ale….
    Riverside for big telly.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

could try the Swinside at the tip of catbells but the best food I’ve ever had around Keswick was a few weeks ago at the Chalet, Portinscale, a great café through the day especially if you’ve done the Borrowdale bash & of a evening it’s top notch, pricey but well worth it, done the Dog & Gun & George many times but Chalet is superb, just a thought if you were after some good grub.

lowey

The Ladore only had one cask ale on when I stayed last year and it had turned. Wont be stopping again.

+1 for Riverside and the Scafell hotel.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Best pub in Borrowdale is?’ is closed to new replies.