Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Best protection glasses?
  • gingerman69

any recommendations for MTB glasses giving best eye protection? Been battling an eye issue for last 3 years after 2 year old scratched the cornea, surgery last year and maybe again this year so need to ensure all crap stays out but don’t want to look like a nerd with goggles!

Thanks for all advice !

Rorschach
    Free Member

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

ooOOooooh nice glasses 🙂
    anyone got any idea what make they are????

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bolle.Just google ‘bolle safety glasses/goggles’.
    I hav’nt used ‘cycling’ glasses for about 10 years.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

cheers mate 😉 they look bob’on 🙂

gingerman69

Looks great – is that a foam liner to stop anything getting in ? Looking in the bolle site is that a tracker ? Thanks for the fast help!

wwaswas

I’ve been using my Oakley Half Jackets with clear lenses and contacts and have been very impressed v my normal glasses.

sparkyrhino

Yup Bolle Tracker II, great spoggles. very comfy and don’t fog up(on me anyway)

gingerman69

Thanks ordered at a bargain price as well – less than a tenner shipped !

haggis1978

All depends on the shape of your coupon. For example if you have a wide face, high cheekbones or even a skelper of a nose. We dont use those Bolle Spoggles at my work because the majority of people found them to be steaming up when they were working. Rorschach is def along the right tracks though regarding using safety glasses instead of cycling glasses. Far cheaper and some decent quality ones. Uvex make some good ones too. If the ones youve bough dont work out then get yourself along to an Arco or even a B&Q and try some on. When sunglasses shopping a few years ago i was advised to try on a pair of glasses and pull my biggest cheesiest smile. If my cheekbones moved the glasses then they didnt fit. Not sure how or if that transposes onto cycling glasses but it cant be far away.

Sandwich

I would be for the nerd in goggles look as I’ve only been issued the one pair of eyeballs.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Bolle safety specs definitely. Cheap and yet as good if not better than most fancy branded cycling glasses from a safety perspective, and usually have all the UV ratings as the expensive stuff, polarised options, anti glare, anti scratch etc. Tested for fast flying shrapnel, shatter and heavy impact kind of stuff. Many branded cycling glasses aren’t tested to the levels safety specs are.

And the Bolle stuff and similar can also look pretty good, and cost a few quid. Bust them or lose them, buy some more.

andyl
    Free Member

and usually have all the UV ratings

The material safety glasses are made from is by natural properties UV blocking. Even most asian oakley copies are UV blocking due to this.

Personally I just use Bolle Contours with ESP lenses. Cheap, fit well and work well and I know they can take a direct strike and shouldnt break. I used to get people comment on why I was wearing my lab glasses but it seems to have caught on now and lab glasses look a lot better than they used to.

rob8624
    Free Member

Yep, Bolle safety glasses. Just buy several of them.

Anyone who pays mega bucks for glasses is a fool.

nockmeister
    Free Member

Bolle Contours have better ballistic protection than the Trackers…

Northwind

I’ve been riding in bolles for years, they’re ace. BL10s for me, they’re not cool but they don’t make you look like bono either.

But, I’ve just switched to the cheapest Decathlon ones, they have slightly better legs for my head.

houndlegs
    Free Member

The Tracker glasses, does the strap attach to the arms? or do the arms come off and the strap replaces them?

geoffj

Strap attaches to the arms.
    Edit – The bolle cobra have straps that attach to lens frames – don’t come in my favoured paedo yellow though.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Thanks geoff

lunge

Uvex – in faintly enduro colouring as well
    Or Bolle.
    £10. Bargain.

mj27
    Free Member

I went on the Bolle website and then ordered all the ones I liked from Amazon. It gave me the chance to find which ones I liked best, let the kids have next dibs at the rest. All happy with them and for about £5 each. Had Oakleys in the past, lost, broken or scratched them all.

benp1

I like the looks of the Tracker

I have a pair of contours (I think), impressed

rascal
    Free Member

Saw this thread last night – quite like the look of the Trackers.
    Emailed 2 mates that bought them the same time a few years ago.
    Typical STW forum response 😉
    One said ‘been great and don’t fog’.
    The other they are ‘shit and fog up’, ‘arm fell off’ and ‘buy £10 worth of sweets instead’.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Best protection glasses?’ is closed to new replies.