Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best product for Migraine aura's?
  • hora
    Free Member

Anything that works? Head aches I can deal with. The aura’s though, well your stuck aren’t you.

scotroutes

I find that physical exercise provides the best temporary respite.

mattbee

I find a strong double espresso or something with similar caffeine content helps speed up the aura clearing, although it doesn’t make it any less unpleasant.

vickypea
    Free Member

I don’t mind the visual aura, but I really hate other aura symptoms like brain fog and incessant yawning, and that horrible hangover feeling afterwards. I’d love a cure for that lot!

dannyh
    Free Member

Triptans. What they did for me was to speed everything up. The aura arrived, expanded, moved out of the periphery of my vision and the headache kicked in quicker. I always thought that length of time the aura were there was directly proportional to the pain of the scratchy part of the headache. Two day residual ‘normal’ headache was not improved, though.

vickypea
    Free Member

You’re not supposed to take triptans during the aura phase, the instructions say to take them only when the pain starts.

Although, having said that, there are some studies that show triptans to be effective if taken in the aura phase….

Schweiz
    Free Member

Lamictal

jbproductions
    Free Member

I was getting up to three aura’s a day..no headaches but pretty dehabilitating when you can’t see straight for an hour. The doc put me on a low dose of beta-blockers and I never had one since. I stopped on the beta-blockers after a couple of months.

vickypea
    Free Member

I tried Lamictal and couldn’t sleep AT ALL, even on a quarter of the lowest dose!

Drac

Sleep.

CountZero

I get aura in clusters, after long periods without any, sometimes I wake up with one forming. If I notice the blurred spot in my vision, where the sparkly ‘C’ forms, I take a couple of ibuprofen just to take the edge of the headache, but noting seems to clear the aura itself.
    It’s a real pain when one starts while you’re on a bloody motorway for a couple of hours… 👿

hora
    Free Member

jbp have they returned?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

I stopped drinking coffee and it’s really made a difference to me migrainwise, I don’t get them anywhere near as bad.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best product for Migraine aura's?’ is closed to new replies.