Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best price for Hopes Evo 4 straight-pull hubs
  • tymbian
    Free Member

As above..

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Before you order SP hubs, make sure you can buy spokes from somewhere!

tymbian
    Free Member

How come? Are they rare?

legend
    Free Member

Like rocking horse poo, a quick google comes up with no shops stocking them. Hope will supply though, something like £1.10 a spoke iirc.

I’ve got Pro II SPs, only got them because they were very cheap (and second hand) I would never actually choose them over the normal versions.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 I won’t go SP again. No benefit and lots of hassles.

tymbian
    Free Member

I take it I’d need to calculate the required spoke length first then try and find some..are all sp spokes the same ( other than length )?

honourablegeorge

My LBS built me whels on sp hubs recently, ordered DT Spokes from distrubutor with zero hassle

momo

I ordered a full box of DT comp sp spokes last year from one of ze Germans (can’t remember which shop though sorry) was something like £32 delivered, worked out cheaper than buying 32 individual spokes over here.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If your buying hubs and spokes are the prices not better on built wheels?

legend
    Free Member

I had always heard that the spokes were Hopes own design, that’s good news that they are just DT ones!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

They’re not Hope’s design, they just have the length’s they need special ordered from Sapim, it’s not to keep it exclusive to Hope, just born out of necessity.

You can get SP spokes, but usually only in full box quantities and not in such a wide range of lengths. The easiest route to SP wheel ownership is to buy Hope Hoops pre built wheels as they work out cheaper than buying the parts individually anyway.

tymbian
    Free Member

Hope don’t make a rim with 35mm internal width I’m afraid..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best price for Hopes Evo 4 straight-pull hubs’ is closed to new replies.