Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best pressfit (BB92) options
  • kimbers

Hope looks good but bit pricey

Wheels manufacturing external looks like an interesting option
    http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/bb86-92/bb86-92-bottom-brackets/bb86-92-outboard-angular-contact-bb-for-24mm-shimano-cranks-black.html

or just get another xtr, got a year out of this one so not too bad

cheers

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Don’t bother with the xtr just get a cheapo xt, I made the mistake before of thinking that it might be a bit better quality and last longer as it costs more 😆

I’ve never got decent mileage out of any press fit bb compared to hollowtech 2 external bb’s which is annoying.

kimbers

I got my xtr cheap from germany so was only a few euros more, agreed tho, been no better than the xt before

fwiw ive not found them to be much different from ht2

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ve had Shimano, RF and some cheapo BBB (the BBO-25 model by the looks of it) and the BBB has been the best so far. Nothing wrong with the others, they all lasted about as long as I’d expect a standard threaded ht2 BB to last (about a year, as you say), but the BBB is still spinning smoothly and looking clean inside after a little longer than usual so far (coming up on almost 2yrs).

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have that Wheels BB in my spectral Kimbers, certainly lasted longer than the raceface shite it replaced, but not up to Hope levels. I reckon I’ve had about 14 months out of it, before I had to pull the bearings and press new ones in last month.

20 quid for new bearings.

davosaurusrex

Merlin have the XTR for just over 20 notes

lunge

I’ve gone Hope for mine, not cheap and that’s without the tool to fit it, seems to have lasted well.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The hope is expensive, but I’ve not touched the one on my Quarterhorse for two years apart to top up the grease.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best pressfit (BB92) options’ is closed to new replies.