Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best Power Meter book for a luddite
  • stevious

Hi all, a local aspirant coach has been giving me some training advice for free. He doesn’t seem to know much about power meters (he asked me what FTP stands for) but seems to have a good grasp on lots of the other stuff. I thought it might be nice to get him a wee present as a thank you and thought a book on power might be of use. There are a few out there that look similar – are any of them more suited to someone less techy?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

The Hunter Allen book seems to be the most popular when you ask around:

http://www.cyclepowermeters.com/training-and-racing-with-a-powermeter-2nd-edition-2399-p.asp

mrblobby
    Free Member

That might not be the best book for a Luddite.

Might find Joe Friels book more accessible, and he’s probably familiar with his other books too which would help…

stevious

Cheers,

Have had a look at the Hunter Allen one and it does look a bit involved. Will see what Friel has to say.

Any others?

bazzer
    Free Member

Friel book was good I thought.

awptechnical
    Free Member

Bought the Joe Friel Power Meter Handbook a couple of weeks back. Not too technical, just the stuff you really want to know. Why you’d want one, what it’s telling you, how to utilise the data and some power specific training sessions that are targeted at your particular discipline.

Certainly enough information to get you started.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best Power Meter book for a luddite’ is closed to new replies.