Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best postal service to send a bike frame
  • chalky

A web search brings up many options, so asking for any recommendations? Thanks

P-Jay
    Free Member

Cheap – parcel monkey, but be wary of any “quick quotes” that don’t ask for the dimensions.

Easy – take it to the post office where a chap or lady who’s job it is to know such things and who will probably have been doing it since the dawn of time will take it off you, make sure the paperwork is legit, weight it and send it on it’s way after offering you a few options in regards to speed / cost.

I don’t know if it’s my age or a change of thinking, but after years of looking for the cheapest, I’ve grown to value service and ease of use. The Post Office, getting bike fixed at LBS, car fixed at dealer, shops rather than online – it’s so easy, walk in “hello, I would like something that does this please” “no problem, you want one of these” “thank you, I do”. I just have to get over the slight sting that is knowing that I probably could save a few quid buying from some faceless box shifter, but I usually get the wrong thing anyway.

trisysjoint

try paisley freight…
    Used them a few times with no problems. Next day service.

velomanic
    Free Member

So far, Parcel Force have offered me the best deal in terms of price and reliability for everything I’ve sent (hardtail frame and two sets of 29er wheels). Everything arrived undamaged, on time or early!

DezB
    Free Member

+1 Paisley Freight – used them a few times. Very good.

chalky

Thanks, Paisley freight look good, they send anything, I need to send 4x alloys as well.

monkeyboyjc

If it’s more convenient for you to drop off at a post-office, parcel force will be either 12.99 or 16.50 for 48hr service (dependant on weight) – parcel can’t be mor than 1.5m in one direction though.
    Paisley freight are great if you can be around for a collection (and should be cheaper than parcel force).

core

I’ve used paisley freight for whole bikes as size is over RM/PF limits, comes in between £25 – £30.

For frames, go to the post office, £12.99 for Parcel Force Express 48, insured to £100 I think.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Just be warned the ParcelForce size limits for a parcel are pretty tight for a bike frame sized box. Doable but just be careful, especially if you are thinking of using a bike box (as opposed to a frame box), it’ll most likely need so cutting down.

chalky

All great info, thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best postal service to send a bike frame’ is closed to new replies.