Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What's the best position for LEV remote?
  • perthmtb
    Free Member

Fitted my new LEV dropper post at the weekend, but am having difficulty finding the optimum position for the remote. If I swivel it down so its low enough to reach comfortably with my thumb, it interferes with the shifters. So at the moment it’s sticking up high, is a bit awkward to get to, and is just asking to be broken in the first crash!

So where have you put yours? Here’s what mine looks like – post up a pic of yours….

matther01
    Free Member

Same place as you but closer to the grips. It just takes a bit of getting used to. I ditched the tensioner and just use a sp41 gear outer.

Looking at yours i have mine angled down a bit more but my shifters have moved down a bit too.

honourablegeorge

Biggest downside of the KS posts, IMO – that lever, whereever you put it, is crap ergonomically. Needs to be under the bar where your thumb can get to it – and th ecable looping out over the brakes is a pain too.

Northwind

I put mine more or less where you have it, best place for it IMO, falls nicely under the thumb.

honourablegeorge

Northwind – Member

falls nicely under the thumb.

If you’re upside down 🙂

rc200f8
    Free Member

I cant get on with the lever replacing a lock on collar & run it slightly inboard

2013-07-17 20.34.49 by i.mack, on Flickr

butterbean
    Free Member

Sadly that’s the issue with the KS, the lever is truly awful.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Running mine separate to grips but on top as yours is. I’m happy with the position but I am having problems with it working. Can you retrofit the remotes from other brands? Are any better. Mine’s on an old KS seatpost not a LEV and it’s basically just a stop gap until I can afford a Reverb next year

JoeG
    Free Member

I run mine inside the left grip, high enough that when I push it the lever just misses the front shift lever.

I’ve tried several other remote levers on other bikes, and the KS one is the best that I’ve come across. At least you can’t impale yourself on it like some others!

Northwind

Aye, I like it too- plus, it’s very very tough, and the bits that do break cost basically nothing, instead of one million pounds like a replacement Reverb lever.

iridebikes
    Free Member

I was thinking of trying a gravity dropper remote, I just need to check if it will work…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

trying it upside down on the other side, running twistites so less interfenace

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What's the best position for LEV remote?’ is closed to new replies.