• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by tang.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best places for Cotswolds riding?
  • los
    Free Member

I'll soon be spending a good deal of time working in the Cotwsolds. Does anyone have any tips for places to ride there?
    Any info much appreciated

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Mmmm where to start….Birdlip, Cranham, Painswick, Leckhampton, Cleeve, sheepscombe, standish……. The list is endless, where in the Wolds are you gonna be based?

los
    Free Member

I'll be working in Cheltenham, but I don't think I'd want to (or could afford to) live there. I pretty much have free range of where to move really, as long as there are good trails (oh yes, and a school I'm reminded) nearby. I think Singletrack did a route once out of Cam & Dursley. Your list sounds promising though, thanks.

5thElefant
    Free Member

lookmanohands has listed half my local venues. The other half would be… Nailsworth, Sapperton, Minchinhamtpon, Horsley, Tetbury, Wotton, Westonbirt…

los
    Free Member

Cheers both, I'm getting the impression the trails aren't in short supply! Most of what I've seen so far seems fairly undulating. I'm guessing there must be some steep, hilly stuff given the areas reputation

shortbaldone
    Free Member

just be prepared to get muddy, very muddy……..and thats on a dry day!
    i like it here thou (wotton)

sheldona
    Free Member

Or if you fancy something the otherside of Cheltenham give me a shout. I can show you stuff from Chipping Camden all the way along the ridge to Cheltenham, also look out for a northern spoken butt ugly mincer round these parts going by the name of IHN, he lives in Cheltenham.

backhander
    Free Member

Can anyone link to (or send me) some routes around wooton etc please?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Can anyone link to (or send me) some routes around wooton etc please?

Have a look on multimap (switch to OS map) at Westridge Woods between Wotton and North Nibley. The woods will keep you busy for quite a while. Loads of bridleways nearby too.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

There's some good DH trails hidden around North Nibley. Definitely check out Leckhampton and for something (maybe slightly cheeky) more XC orientated a mouche round Stinchcombe and Dursley aint gonna be all bad.

Plus you're not gonna be that far from the Forest of Dean and Malvern either 🙂

Philby

Sign up for the Hell of the North Cotswolds (HONC) which is a great event and produces loads of 'what tyre?' threads on here! See – http://www.honc.org.uk/

grahamh
    Free Member

bit early for that yet….

los
    Free Member

Cheers all, and thanks for the offer ayatollah! May take you up on that soon.

peteimpreza

Are you around this weekend?
    Cotswolds Ride

tang
    Free Member

5thElefant-im lucky to live pretty much on painswick beacon. however, im moving to nailsworth in december and need some tips. ill be living on old bristol rd so im thinking horsley/kingscote/tresham/alderly/avening. got to be good…i need good singletrack fix not endless bridleways, can you help!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best places for Cotswolds riding?’ is closed to new replies.