• This topic has 27 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jkomo.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Best place to stay near Coed Y Brenin.
  • mastakillah
    Free Member

Off to Coed Y Brenin next week. Need somewhere to stay. Has to have Secure bike storage too.

iolo
    Free Member

Home

Dafydd and Sian. Owners of the original coed y brenin cafe.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Always had a warm welcome at the Tyn y Groes.

Have also had some cracking weekends up here http://www.glyn-yr-aur.com/

mtbscoop
    Free Member

Second old skool – fab place and location.

boxfish
    Free Member

Ty Seren in Dolgellau has always been good to us.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Depends what sort of accommodation… Cae Gwyn Farm, which is a mile up the main road from coed has a b&b, camping barn and campsite, really nice owners and great price.

They also have secure bike storage and bike wash area (well a hose!)

fathomer

+2

If they can get you in Dafydd and Sian have the best b&b I’ve ever stayed in.

mastakillah
    Free Member

Looked into oldskool-mtb. seems great and saw the article in the magazine. Unfortunatley they only do weekends!!

nealy
    Free Member

Cae Gwyn Farm

bravesirrobin

+3 oldskool-mtb …but yes, I think they have “other interests” during the week …it’s a lifestyle thing you know 😉 …in fact we’re off there in the morning aren’t we mtbscoop? 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Never stayed at Cae Gwyn Farm but its been on the list of potentials whenever we’ve been to CyB. As it turns out, we usually stay at the Tyn Y Groes. Cheap, food and beer within stumbling distance of your bed and over the road straight onto the trails. Its pretty damn good…

Glyn-yr-aur we stayed at once. Great location for the riding as the first bit of trail you hit from the house is the Addams Family. Unfortunately it means you end the ride with a momentus slog up the hill and its a drive to the nearest pub (the Tyn-Y-Groes) on an evening…

OldSkool looks brilliant but its pretty pricey compared to the Tyn Y Gores. That said, I have no doubt the experience of staying there would be excellent in their rider-centric setup, knowledge and hospitality. Its on our list of places to try next time we’re there.

crikey
    Free Member

Manchester.

bigmick25
    Free Member
    rwills2
    Free Member
    Twin
    Free Member

Cae Gwyn is great. As is Heulwen Guest house http://www.heulwen.co.uk. And Tyn Y Groes (especially if you like a beer in the evening).

Duffer
    Free Member

+6 for Cae Gwyn. The barn is pretty basic, but for somewhere to sleep, eat and shower betwixt rides it’s fantastic.

bullroar
    Free Member

Another vote for Car Gwyn,remember pay a couple of quid and they give you aloft to the pub return is gratis by the landlord.

dai21t
    Free Member

[/url]

ive stayed here a couple of times, just down the road from coed y brenin

wwpaddler
    Free Member
    cadairviewlodge
    Free Member

If you’re still looking we’re 2 miles from CyB, you can bring bikes inside at many of our cabins, we have a pub 5 minutes walk away that serves food, stays from 1 night accepted. Check us out at http://www.cadairviewlodge.co.uk or give me a call on 01248 431169

doris5000

just bumping this one. Sorry.

To the folk who have stayed at Cae Gwyn, what’s the vibe like?

Was thinking of heading there for a birthday for some biking/camping/ drinking. There might be 10ish of us. We’re not rowdy – most of us are 30-something parents – although i do quite fancy sitting up late with a bottle of whiskey. Is it the sort of campsite where you can find a bit of space and talk crap late into the evening without disturbing people who are trying to sleep?

bspoked
    Free Member

http://www.glyn-yr-aur.com/

Have been twice. Will go again.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

+1 Cae Gwyn. Slept indoors, in the barn and in a tent there. Bang on. Also there are some cheekies near by that can get you onto the trails without spinning down to the trailhead, esp handy for the way home!!

coolbeanz
    Free Member

Another +1 for Cae Gwyn Farm here.

I both camped there and stayed in their barn. Lovely place and great value for money. Just don’t ring the owners’ doorbell at midnight as they won’t be best pleased! Lesson learned.

Oh, and you’re unlikely to get any phone signal out there if you’re on O2/GiffGaff like me, thus you won’t receive the text message asking you not to ring the doorbell.

A dozen of us recently stayed in the Royal Ship Hotel in Dolgellau.

I believe their car park has big secure gates locked at night, however when we stayed, there was a mini-music festival on, so we had to park in the Pay & Display. They let us bring our bikes into a secure storage room. The music festival/atmosphere was bang on.

The rooms were fine (albeit some of them didn’t have en-suite), cracking breakfast and the little bistro over the road serves some lovely food.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Dolgellau *shudders*

wallop

+1 Glyn-yr-Aur

jkomo

Been happy at all these:
    Ty Seren, incredible breakfast and in town so you can visit different pubs.Quiet at night.
    Cae Gwyn- basic breaky, will drive you to pub if they can, lovely and quiet.
    Tyn y gros- good if there a few if you, not many locals in when we were there. Lots road noise at night.

My fav: Ty Seren, if you like a big night out, curry, a good sleep and great breakfast. The owners are lovely, mountain bikers, and have secure, dry storage.
    As a bunch of middle aged blokes who don’t get out much, we like it to count when we do so being in town is a big bonus.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Best place to stay near Coed Y Brenin.’ is closed to new replies.